New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

I could get away with 3 presets with 2 blocks (if fx loop return/input 2 block didn't count) and it had switchable (gapless) presets.

IMG_2312.jpeg

It's a pedal. Plain and simple. Not a multi-effects unit. It's a pedal. Except its 200 pedals in one.
People will gladly pay this much, or more, for a one trick pony pedal. This is it. It's a pedal for people who like pedals.
Need a drive? Got it. Need a delay? Got it. Need a chorus. Got it. Need a fuzz? No you don't, nobody needs a fuzz :mad:

Did I mention that this is a pedal? Well it is. It's a pedal.
Luckily I hate pedals and in the age of digital multi effects will never ever buy, use or even show interest in one :giggle:
Plus, it is a stepping stone for the person that doesn't do multi-effects modeling yet. The person that gets this will either stay where they are, or decide they are ready to move into a Stomp, XL, Helix, etc.

Last edited:
This is amazing, I am fairly certain I will be buying one

I can understand why more modelling oriented folks wouldn't be into this, but for me who has amps and would want to integrate into a traditional pedalboard, this is perfect. I was always a big fan of the M5 and this seems to be like that but even more better and better form factor :love

Does this have trails between presets?

Edit: Apparently it does not have trails between presets. That makes it a hard pass for me!

Last edited:
I like it, and I think, the people who don't get it, don't get it, lol.

It's not just "one pedal", it's any pedal you want it to be, at any time, preset/footswitch accessible, midi capable, with CC's, an exp input, a tuner, etc.

Imagine one pedal on your pedalboard, that can be any pedal you want it to be, at any time, without moving it. That's awesome.

For me, it might be valuable as a resource alleviator, for my Stomp XL. I could use it in front of my chain for the Poly Capo, which will free up A LOT of DSP in the XL for the amp/effects chain. That could be a smaller and lighter (ALWAYS my M.O., lol), floor setup than my full Helix Floor.

It's not just "one pedal", it's any pedal you want it to be, at any time, preset/footswitch accessible, midi capable, with CC's, an exp input, a tuner, etc.

Imagine one pedal on your pedalboard, that can be any pedal you want it to be, at any time, without moving it. That's awesome.

For me, it might be valuable as a resource alleviator, for my Stomp XL. I could use it in front of my chain for the Poly Capo, which will free up A LOT of DSP in the XL for the amp/effects chain. That could be a smaller and lighter (ALWAYS my M.O., lol), floor setup than my full Helix Floor.
Can it do PolyCapo though? I feel like I haven't seen a definitive on that yet :unsure:

Right but, all of the things you said about the HX One is exactly what could be said about the Stomp, except it can run up to eight blocks instead of one, it has an extra footswitch, and it has amp modeling. Otherwise they have the same controls, the same sound quality, the same effects (although it doesn't look like HX One can do amps right?), etc.

I dunno, it's not much harder to find an extra inch or two on a pedalboard and get a current doubler cable and be able to run a hell of a lot more in the Stomp.

Other way I could see it would be, if they made something like a DL2 with a bunch of delay algos in a small pedal with more physical knobs and no screen/menus, THAT would be cool. They could do a DL2, RV2, MD2, etc. That would compete with Strymon and UAD really well. This product is just a neutered Stomp.

Back