New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

Was going go jump on the "HX Stomp already exists, this makes no sense" bandwagon, but... this makes a lot of sense? It's essentially a modern replacement for the M5.
Called it! Though the price certainly does not make it a M5 replacement directly.

$299 is not a crazy ask for a HX block loader. Dedicated FX pedals can cost the same, if not more - and Helix effects are better than most, IMHO.
Yeah I think this is not aimed at someone who is looking at a HX Stomp (which does way more), but for someone who already has a pedalboard that they like and could use a do-it-all pedal that is much simpler to use than the Stomp.

The Flux is a lot like e.g morph functions or expression control on some digital pedals, but a lot easier to use thanks to the screen. I have largely ignored this sort of features because setting them up is a little bit complex when you can't easily see the before and after params.

The 4 cable method functionality also adds a lot of value when you can move the pedal around in your signal chain on a per-preset basis.

I think it's a really good showing from Line6. While I don't feel Line6's effects are always as good as my Strymons, they do still generally sound really good and having this many in one compact box is big.

I have all the fx I'd need so even looking at Helix's effects list, pitch and EQ effects were really the only ones my board could use so it's going to be a pass from me.

I use my HX Stomp so similarly to this, except in 4CM so it’s essentially like 2 of them. It’s a great unit as a kind of “problem solver” for filling the gaps of various effects you might not always need or want to own.

I do like the fact that the HX Stomp can be used as a standalone IR loader, amp sim/preamp, tuner, interface. MAYBE if the HX One had the ability to work as a standalone cab sim I’d be a bit curious, but ultimately I know the strength of this pedal is based on its simplicity and not having to do any routing or deep editing.

Seems like a solid product, especially when you look at all the pedals being released these days. This seems to be the format people want, with carefully chosen constraints.

MAYBE if the HX One had the ability to work as a standalone cab sim I’d be a bit curious, but ultimately I know the strength of this pedal is based on its simplicity and not having to do any routing or deep editing.

Pretty certain it can run any HX block, so cabs should definitely be an option. These have gotten really good too as of Helix FW 3.6.

n/m, apparently it supports the same blocks as the HX Effects 😥

Last edited:
This is for people who have problems committing to a single multi-fx unit, people who still run (and there are LOADS of them!!!) your typical chain of single pedals, and people who just need a simple board without any frappery.

Not everyone wants to run a Helix Floor, or an FM9, or whatever crap Boss are offering right now that I don't even care about because they reduce their effects massively to hit a DSP budget.

I think this is a miss. Yes, it's well done for what it is but only running 1 effect at a time is.... meehh.
Considering using with your favorite pedals -- problem is you are stuck with the order you run this in a chain (unless you get an expensive switcher that changes order). This has all kinds of effects which we know some sound better before or after drive, etc. You might as well get a stomp.

Yeah Flux is cool - seems like it might conflict with how snapshots work on its brethren, but I’m sure the Line 6 team could figure out an elegant way to implement it.
The flux thing is more or less the same as the morph function on the KPA - the tempo/time controls definitely add something useful. I guess these would be likely to find a home on the big kahuna and the rest of the line sometime soon.

I think this is a miss. Yes, it's well done for what it is but only running 1 effect at a time is.... meehh.
Considering using with your favorite pedals -- problem is you are stuck with the order you run this in a chain (unless you get an expensive switcher that changes order). This has all kinds of effects which we know some sound better before or after drive, etc. You might as well get a stomp.
With this said - it would have made more sense to make these even smaller with just Drive stomp for example, or a Mod stomp, etc etc. But then folks would say they're just trying to squeeze us for money...
Again, just getting a stomp seems the logical choice. Or just get Helix Native.
Am I missing something here?

If you've got a board full of Boss, Strymon, Wampler, et. al. and you just want to add one more wafer thin pedal.... this is a really good product.

This isn't competing with the big multi's. This is competing with your Boss 200 series, your TC toneprint pedals, your Strymon single stomp boxes, etc.

If you've got a board full of Boss, Strymon, Wampler, et. al. and you just want to add one more wafer thin pedal.... this is a really good product.

This isn't competing with the big multi's. This is competing with your Boss 200 series, your TC toneprint pedals, your Strymon single stomp boxes, etc.
Exactly. And considering this, it's very competitively priced, imho

100% this will be a hit. I don’t have a flanger, univibe, and some other stuff because I don’t use it a ton. I’ve got a Blue Sky, which is pretty traditional. If I want some of those effects, plus some spacey whale fart reverbs, this box is perfect. And it’s literally like $40 more than Strymon’s small box of effects.

I dont Know what Effects are in the HX one but say it had Like a Frequout, a Nobel's ORD 1 and a few other Unique Offerings that are not in a Fractal or other Modeler then Yeah that would be great especially at the Price they are offering it at

Back