New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

So from the description you are basically getting one effect at a time from the 250+ library
Other than if you wanted say a poly effect and wanted to save space on a Helix
I really don’t get this
ohoh be careful the line6 fans will be telling you you dont understand how great it is. I agree its a wierd product and kind of a waste of developement for 300.00 and 1 effect at a time...flux looks lame

I just can’t get past it. I hope I’m wrong and it’s just missing from the currently known specs.
It does seem like a peculiar omission if it can't act as an interface - since it does have USB-C, perhaps it could be added at a later date.

Another peculiar omission is that it doesn't seem to have support for at least the HX IR blocks - that one "effect" could be an IR loader.

So from the description you are basically getting one effect at a time from the 250+ library
Other than if you wanted say a poly effect and wanted to save space on a Helix
I really don’t get this
Here's why it makes sense...

1000004104.jpg

1000004103.jpg

1000004102.jpg

People are prepared to pay a lot of money for single effect digital pedals...

ohoh be careful the line6 fans will be telling you you dont understand how great it is. I agree its a wierd product and kind of a waste of developement for 300.00 and 1 effect at a time...flux looks lame
Keep in mind that we're not the primary target group for this.

If you run a rather minimalistic chain (e.g. guitar -> drive pedal -> amp) and you're fine with a single additional effect, you're getting a lot for 300 bucks here.

The impedance circuit and flux control are the icing on the cake, I'd say.

Honestly, if it would fit my needs (unfortunately it doesn't, I often want more than one effect at a time 😂) I'd buy the HX One over something like a Zoom CDR any day. The street price equals a single boutique pedal - doesn't seem too steep then, I guess.

Our TB3 is known as being a serial purchase avoider, so he's not the target market for *anything*! ;)
I know, I know... All good! 🙂

Just felt like putting down my current thoughts about this.

Kinda sad it doesn't seem to include the amp models, tho. A 300€ HX quality multi-preamp would've been KILLER, even for myself.

Kinda sad it doesn't seem to include the amp models, tho. A 300€ HX quality multi-preamp would've been KILLER, even for myself.
I think the issue here is the target market and its positioning within that market.

With a single active effect, this unit is going up against other single effect digital pedals, such as the new Strymons, in which case the feature set looks attractive.

If the HX One also had amp models, it would clearly be competing with the Hotone Ampero Mini and here the feature set on the HX One looks significantly less attractive.

I like the flux thing, we can find a use in bigger HX brothers and helix too.
I'd love to be able to mimic ramp up and down speed of a rotary in other modulation effects, like a phaser or a tremolo.

I like the flux thing, we can find a use in bigger HX brothers and helix too.
I'd love to be able to mimic ramp up and down speed of a rotary in other modulation effects, like a phaser or a tremolo.
Yeah Flux is cool - seems like it might conflict with how snapshots work on its brethren, but I’m sure the Line 6 team could figure out an elegant way to implement it.

I don't think is great per se but I see as a good addition in an already filled pedalboard.

I hope that this is the last HX thing they come out with, the milking of HX is at the end hahahah!

Was going go jump on the "HX Stomp already exists, this makes no sense" bandwagon, but... this makes a lot of sense? It's essentially a modern replacement for the M5.

$299 is not a crazy ask for a HX block loader. Dedicated FX pedals can cost the same, if not more - and Helix effects are better than most, IMHO.

I hope that this is the last HX thing they come out with, the milking of HX is at the end hahahah!

Next step is the Double Helix. 4 dsp, 24 footswitches, 3 expression pedals in a stainless steel housing, wheels included.

Back