New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

Well, this thing is tiny, so it will fit easily on any pedal board. It has all the hardware quality of the bigger HX units, right down to the impedance circuit.

When you consider what people pay for one boutique pedal, this might be an appealing device to some who just want a be-anything pedal, with the limitation that it can only be one pedal at a time.

It would be awesome if it were also an audio interface for Helix Native, powered by USB. That would be a no-brainer for many. It could do all the input stuff of the full hardware units in a tiny size. But it doesn’t sound like it has that capability. I hate to be critical but that seems like a big omission that would’ve helped drive sales.

It would be awesome if it were also an audio interface for Helix Native, powered by USB. That would be a no-brainer for many. It could do all the input stuff of the full hardware units in a tiny size. But it doesn’t sound like it has that capability. I hate to be critical but that seems like a big omission that would’ve helped drive sales.
I wonder how much it would have driven the price up

Flux would have been cool as a morph between two different different algos. This seems like and auto ramp/fade for some that doesn’t want to use an expression pedal? (Except it takes an expression pedal?) Granted Don probably isn’t the dude to highlight the feature in a way that might be quirky unique.

This could’ve been @James Freeman ’s small, high quality, low noise computer audio interface. It could’ve interfaced with Helix Native, and if the driver was smart, it even could’ve auto configured input levels and switched the input impedance of the box to match the Helix Native models.

It could’ve come with a $99 offer for Helix Native like other HX products. Could’ve literally been the full equivalent HX hardware version of the plugin with no tonal compromises due to wonky input levels or lack of variable impedance. With infinite HX blocks, no DSP limits. I know I’m not the target market, but…

Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I want to have one ASAP. This is exactly what I was looking for at the moment. Thank you, Line 6!

@Digital Igloo What type of bypass does the device have? Buffered, true bypass, or is the AD/DA conversion always on? And is the librarian software only for managing presets or also for editing?
How do you plan on incorporating it into your setup??

I want (HX) One! ;)

Price is critical here though - the Manns Music page listed earlier appears to show an RRP of £349, but they are listing it for £249, and Sweetwater has it up for $299.

@ £249 it is an easy purchase for me - there are dozens of boutique digital pedals that cost more and do much less than this.

I agree but, to be fair, something like the HX Stomp would necessarily require more power.
They should have just gone IEC with an internal power supply. A lot of pedal power units can power it, but it takes either the green plug and not much else plugged into the unit, or the 2x1 splitter where it takes two outlets on a TrueTone CS6, CS7, etc. and it works great for the HX stomp, HX effects, etc.

The point still stands though!

Since is it is HX branded, it seems likely to me that this will come with the "HX discount" for Helix Native, which would represent great value for money.
But… but… USB-C… a high quality, variable impedance instrument input… onboard smarts… and no audio interface functionality to use with discounted Native? I just can’t get past it. I hope I’m wrong and it’s just missing from the currently known specs.

Back