New Headrush pedalboard: Headrush Prime

Lysander

Shredder
Apparently leaked by Tracii Guns, who's a long-time Headrush user.

Note the WiFi/Bluetooth icons on top. That "Amp Clone" label is interesting as well - maybe Headrush is jumping into the profiling game?

2OycJIR.jpeg
336025986_226504366445509_5968320911283428601_n.jpg

Last edited:
Other half is excited for people who have been wanting this. Not sure who that is but hopefully it's what they have been asking for?

The profiling angle is interesting, given how that's the new shiny thing in the guitar world. Purely speculation though, we know literally nothing about this device other than a few images.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that the majority of these people designing the ONBOARD UI’s on floor devices either A., Sit at a desk all day with the prototype directly in front of their face, or B., have never gigged on a dark stage with flashing lights with it on the floor.

Or C., They have superhuman vision.

Let me start the pre-release complaint train.

If they were smart; they would have put the Amp Clone tech inside a revamped MX5 and NOT this battleship. Since we are all about the micro-everything (that we have to build out with power supplies, extra footswitches and midi controllers)

I have a feeling that the majority of these people designing the ONBOARD UI’s on floor devices either A., Sit at a desk all day with the prototype directly in front of their face, or B., have never gigged on a dark stage with flashing lights with it on the floor.

Or C., They have superhuman vision.
I think the general idea is to play guitar and pay attention on the switches and scribble strips while performing. Mucking about with the display is not preferred while performing, wich applies to all modelers. When I used an LT with a band I kinda wished I had scribbles… but It worked fine with the layout display mode. Equally with the stomp which is the HX type product I’ve used the most, no problems seeing the display but I didn’t rely on it. The HR display is quite large and has several display modes making it easy to see stuff.

That's something that always bothered me when people bring up the GT-1000 or ToneX displays as being "bad".

They're amazing... on stage.

Going with profiling would be a smart move for them because they can offload doing that to the computer like Tonex does and then have a fairly modest processor on the hardware itself, while not having to engage in the component modeling game.

If they were smart; they would have put the Amp Clone tech inside a revamped MX5 and NOT this battleship. Since we are all about the micro-everything (that we have to build out with power supplies, extra footswitches and midi controllers)
Agreed everyone wants compact
Even DI has said it he wished Helix was smaller and lighter
This is not an easy sell for the guy with limited space on the board
I wonder if this is what HW hinted at in his vid on captures ?
Maybe it was the upcoming amp clone

I think they're right here and capitalizing on IK's seemingly silly, nearly suicidal oversight by making ONLY another three button Valkyrie instead of something small enough to be usable or full featured Amplitube plus Tonex in a Helix type board

I don’t think that is a new board tracey has , it looks exactly the same but with Marshall gold knobs
Maybe it’s the amp clone / Bluetooth is in a firmware / wireless editor

Back