New Headrush pedalboard: Headrush Prime

Judging by the chatter over at the other place this might be old Revalver tech and the "cloning" might just be basic EQ match. Now that would not surprise me that much, Headrush likes to repackage old stuff in shiny new clothes.. :facepalm

Judging by the chatter over at the other place this might be old Revalver tech and the "cloning" might just be basic EQ match. Now that would not surprise me that much, Headrush likes to repackage old stuff in shiny new clothes.. :facepalm
Considering that years ago, as AMR, revalver was able to clone amps in a way that nobody but kemper came near (and with less noise than the kemper), I wouldn;t be too surprised, especially as:

This will live or die by how it sounds, but it does seem to me that this is very much a "Me-Too" product rather than anything actually new.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if, software-wise, it isn't just the original Headrush pedalboard with a few extra software tricks thrown in - e.g. the amp "cloner" and Antares Auto-Tune.

Hmm. Kinda weird, since I expected a different approach than just what seems like a slight overhaul.

I'm happy with anything Helix/HX and not a multiple-platforms dude, so I won't buy, but I'm sure it's fine. The 1100€ price tag seems alright.

Tbh. Im a little bummed because i thought (imagined) they had a grand plan or at least indication with the mx5 being a new series kinda. Well well. Either way, it’s too big and too much stuff for my needs. Good that they are doing it though.

Gotta say, even when the product is provided (review payed for?), not exactly a stellar review.

Kinda bummed he didn't A/B his St. James "clone" with the real thing. I didn't care much for that particular tone, but i'm really interested on how close it is to the actual amp.

The stock amp tones were ok. Interesting how they have both Eleven and Revalver models in the same unit.

Also, i was going to make a joke about the Dropbox integration (that's going to age well!) but... honestly? It might end up proving to be a much better "cloud" solution than what f.ex. Neural is attempting. There's no need to build your own infrastructure if all you need is to shuffle files around between users.

How is it even possible that there's no trace of this on their official website at this point, even though it's already listed at Thomann etc.????

Yeah, that's pretty wild. Thomann states the device is available for shipping within a week...

Last edited:
HW has a video out showing the "cloning" process.

Nice. Those results sound pretty damn identical to the real thing to my ears. Lovely reverb, too.

Also, this?

Screenshot from 2023-03-21 12-05-51.png

Great feature, which might actually make tone controls useful. One of my pet peeves with the QC was how easy it is to make captures sound weird if your tone settings deviate from default values.

Last edited:
I'm looking at this feature list vs. posts to the effect of "minor overhaul", "me too product", etc. and... :unsure:

I think it's the opposite: if anything this has a whiff of "too good to be true". If all of these features are in proper working order at launch, then Headrush has been working very hard and maintaining a very impressive level of secrecy. It reads like a compiled wish list from anything anyone's mentioned on a gear forum (sometimes verbatim) in the last 10 years. In addition to "table stakes", we have: mic modeling and extensive vocal effects, amp/gain stage "cloning" (not a bad "headstock" LOL) that can allegedly handle fuzz, WiFi/ USB for audio streaming/ practice (and backing tracks at gigs?), gapless preset switching, universal power supply (assuming internal?), OLED scribble strips, stereo FX loop (table stakes, yes, but "Hi, Timbuk2!" :D), looper with save/load functionality :oops: and MIDI sync), USB A input for USB drives and MIDI controllers... This is an insane list of features, some of which can't be found anywhere else.

Of course, the devil's in the details, and I can't personally say how well any of the above has been implemented (again: too good to be true?) or how good it sounds, or whether I personally would like the UI/UX. (EDIT: I'm watching the video review posted earlier in this thread, and so far I'm impressed with all of the above.) The form-factor is also too much for me, personally (bring on the Gigboard Prime!), but for anyone who performs on reasonably large stages, it would appear to be quite a value. Especially for those of us who were already fond of the Eleven Rack and/or Headrush.

Last edited:
If all of these features are in proper working order at launch, then Headrush has been working very hard and maintaining a very impressive level of secrecy. It reads like a compiled wish list from anything anyone's mentioned on a gear forum (sometimes verbatim) in the last 10 years.

Very good point. Looking forward for more reviews on this thing.

Last edited:
Back