New Headrush pedalboard: Headrush Prime

If I remember right, Tim is also strong with the “AxeFX IV/FM3 Turbo will be out any time now so don’t buy a Fractal unit unless you want to be disappointed in a week”….for like 3 years now.
How did I forget this one?!

sell more burgers than anyone does not mean they are the best
Agree. But also Hound Dog Taylor didn’t basically invent rock & roll with a Gibson or a Fender. Tons of not best gear has been some of the best gear ever, historically.

Seems to be more about an all-in-one live performance tool. Which I approve of.

Sexy or not, there are all kinds of obscure or not so obscure small-venue entertainers who embrace the maybe slightly off-center and cheaper gear that actually best addresses their specific gigging needs, and as an all-in-one, this could hold a ton of appeal for that crowd. It is borderline expensive though, so it may not be the kind of thing where someone ditches what they’re already using successfully in order to get it.

How did I forget this one?!
But didn’t everyone kinda enjoy his contrarian, inconsistent, often factually incorrect nature? I did. A bunch of people, including a manufacturer with his own unpleasant history on those boards, dissing a former fellow TGP forumite for nothing inherently objectionable other than unpopular opinions feels a bit like the tribalism that eventually led to the creation of and migration to this place. Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t remember him attacking anyone, just being kinda exasperating.

But didn’t everyone kinda enjoy his contrarian, inconsistent, often factually incorrect nature? I did. A bunch of people, including a manufacturer with his own unpleasant history on those boards, dissing a former fellow TGP forumite for nothing inherently objectionable other than unpopular opinions feels a bit like the tribalism that eventually led to the creation of and migration to this place. Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t remember him attacking anyone, just being kinda exasperating.
Well, I don't mean to attack anyone. I found TimBuk2 entertaining, and wouldn't mind one bit if he were a member here.

But let's be clear about one thing: TGF is a tribe - a tribe that disses QC weenies such as myself. ;)

But let's be clear about one thing: TGF is a tribe - a tribe that disses QC weenies such as myself. ;)
anigif_sub-buzz-2715-1491506366-1.gif

Sexy or not, there are all kinds of obscure or not so obscure small-venue entertainers who embrace the maybe slightly off-center and cheaper gear that actually best addresses their specific gigging needs, and as an all-in-one, this could hold a ton of appeal for that crowd. It is borderline expensive though, so it may not be the kind of thing where someone ditches what they’re already using successfully in order to get it.
This is where the form-factor thing rears its ugly head again, too. "Small-venue entertainers..." Nothing feels sillier than showing up at an open-mic whose stage is smaller than your floorboard. :D

Man, how times have changed. I still remember when the first iterations of floorboard modelers came out (Helix, AX8, Headrush) and how everyone was blown away by how compact and featured packed they were.

Now it seems that anything larger than a HX Stomp is unwieldy.

Man, how times have changed. I still remember when the first iterations of floorboard modelers came out (Helix, AX8, Headrush) and how everyone was blown away by how compact and featured packed they were.

Now anything larger than a HX Stomp is unwieldy.
Possible revisionist history. Feature-packed, yes, but I recall quite a few people being concerned about the size of the Helix Floor when it was announced. There were aircraft carrier memes and everything. :D

I'm also not sure I'd call these the first iterations of floorboard modelers, but we might get into some semantics here.

Possible revisionist history. Feature-packed, yes, but I recall quite a few people being concerned about the size of the Helix Floor when it was announced. There were aircraft carrier memes and everything. :D

I'm also not sure I'd call these the first iterations of floorboard modelers, but we might get into some semantics here.

Yeah, i should've qualified as "current gen" (ick...) floorboards. But they are still smaller than previous offerings; f.ex. the Helix Floorboard is notably more compact than, say, a POD HD500X.

Now it seems that anything larger than a HX Stomp is unwieldy.

Indeed. And before that your best bet was Voodoo Labs loop switchers, whether the smaller pedalboard-based ones or a Ground Control and a GCX. And adding rack-quality effects into the mix made an even bigger rig.

Yeah, i should've qualified as "current gen" (ick...) floorboards. But they are still smaller than previous offerings; f.ex. the Helix Floorboard is notably more compact than, say, a POD HD500X.
Wow, you're right! I never realized how big the POD HD line was. My most recent "floorboard modeler" prior to Helix Floor had been a GR-55 (with all of 4 semi-useless footswitches), so the Helix seemed massive to me.

I admit first being angry with him i first started noting his tendencies. Then it became like “wtf… he is serious and he doesn’t understand…”
Now it’s humor that some understand and some don’t. He don’t.

Another one
C2E29848-C238-41A3-AEE0-C0851E6FE7C7.jpeg

Is it really? I had an HD500. I didn't realize it was bigger than the Helix. That's nuts.

Back