New Headrush pedalboard: Headrush Prime

This may sound like a silly question Jim but I have my reasons. Could you tell me/us generally how wide and high the Autotune logo is on the unit? Even a guesstimate is cool. Looks maybe 4" wide by 2" but I want to be sure before I order my custom sticker.

Auto Tune logo
L = ~3.75"
H = ~0.75"

I also posted this on TGP:

With Headrush Prime's "clone" process, you have to get the input level just right... or the decay sounds off/wrong.
I'm having to push the input level closer to 0dB to get accurate decays.

You can feel a bit more latency when using an amp clone (vs stock models).
CPU use is about the same as a model/cab.

I cloned a Tube Screamer pedal and put that in front of a cloned Amp/Cab.
Sound was fine... but the lag increases to the point of being pretty annoying.
For me, running two clones in series is currently out of the question.
I'm assuming the increased latency is to mitigate CPU use.

IMO, To make running multiple clones in series practical/useful, Headrush has got to get this latency reduced.
I suspect this may not be possible... due to CPU constraints.

Quality of the clones is pretty decent.

Interesting unit..seems to me they are leading the pack when it comes to stuffing different functionality into a floor unit.
I wonder if the VST component is a prelude to this platform opening up for different developers.

Modelers are screens/cpu/storage/WiFi..that’s very close to a PC…so in my mind it’s inevitable that those worlds will come together. This unit has an audioplayer/vst…what’s next…3rd party daw? Any vst plug-in on the market?..run android/ios/windows on it?

personally I’m convinced modeler hardware units will become much more open for 3rd party software…in a couple of years we will be installing the Kemper code on a L6 hardware unit ;-) I could imagine HR being the first…where the more established brands might be protective and have a strategy of trying to build unique ecosystems to keep people loyal to their brand.

For me, running two clones in series is currently out of the question.
I'm assuming the increased latency is to mitigate CPU use.
I'm not sure about that, I think the QC has the same issue.
Maybe some specific DSP operation that requires more cycles than standard math functions?

I'm not sure about that, I think the QC has the same issue.
Maybe some specific DSP operation that requires more cycles than standard math functions?
I have ran seperate boost, amp and cabinet captures on the QC and preferred it to the all in one capture with no noticeable latency. I can do one with the power amp seperate also.

@GTR37

NOOO!!!!

Someone sent me that
Easily the worst thing on the net today
The lady should never be invited back

It's fabricated 🙂

There's hundreds of TikTok / Insta videos on the net with that exact same sound effect edited in (unfortunately, I recognise it). Notice how her voice doesn't have that much cavernous reverb applied before "the incident".

Last edited:
This unit has an audioplayer/vst
I'm pretty certain that this unit isn't using any sort of VST - what is far more likely is that the functionality from some VSTs was ported directly to the Headrush SoC, but at that point, it ceases to be a plugin and is just code.

It's fabricated 🙂

There's hundreds of TikTok / Insta videos on the net with that exact same sound effect edited in (unfortunately, I recognise it). Notice how her voice doesn't have that much cavernous reverb applied before "the incident".
I was talking more about that vocal and general crackhead look
Were you not

Back