Never Let Anyone Rob You Of Your Joy

I had a pretty cool moment with joy this week-

I’ve mentioned my buddies’ podcast previously, they’ve been plugging away at it for nearly 3 years now and it’s really starting to pay off, literally, for them. They’re getting sponsors and the other day when listening to the newest show, as they were doing their first sponsor read-

View attachment 11332

Just knowing how much effort they put into it consistently and hearing it start as two brothers making dick jokes to becoming a legit podcast about mental health and how they’ve reigned it all in, then seeing/hearing it pay off was so fucking awesome.

Sometimes we see our peers finding success and envy or “Damnit why didn’t I think of that?” kicks in, I dunno if it’s just me getting older or realizing how hard it is to maintain the financial aspects of life while finding the energy/time to put a ton of effort into a passion, whatever it is, I was thrilled to be experiencing joy like that from recognizing someone else’s efforts and success.

That's awesome! Love the Goosies! :love

And yes, life is f'ing hard. Sometimes it feels so hard it feels impossible. We all need encouragement and support
at times on t his wild ride. Lord knows I have. Sometimes it is a poke or a prod, or an hug and a pat on the back. Maybe a
place to crash for the night, or a kind word to a friend in need of hearing it. A little can go a long ways and we never
really know how much a moment like that can matter to someone, do we?

You're a good dude, Drew! :beer

I said nothing specifically about "your" amp, and never used the word "lame." Not even one time.

I was paraphrasing.

Concerning my diminutive 5w amp, you did say:

"You knew it was a lonely road when you turned down this path." :rofl

That had me crying bitter salty tears into my cold sassenach porridge.

Seriously though: I couldn't resist the explosive charge placed in my hand by this thread of yours, and it was just too tempting not to detonate it for laughs.

Love you, man - really! 😘

Last edited:
I was paraphrasing.

Concerning my diminutive 5w amp, you did say:

"You knew it was a lonely road when you turned down this path." :rofl

That had me crying bitter salty tears into my cold sassenach porridge.

Seriously though: I couldn't resist the explosive charge placed in my hand by this thread of yours, and it was just too tempting not to use it for laughs.

Love you, man - really! 😘

Haha! So I was wrong again, and it wasn't as lonely as I proclaimed. Dang! :facepalm

At least I am consistent! 🤣

Love ya, too, JD! :beer

:rofl

But yeah, generally speaking I have thoughts about the size of certain amps, and the amount of joy
to be found in them.

For me. :idk
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Back