What book are you currently reading?

I am looking forward to the Alex VanHalen book here in October.
I wasn't aware he'd written a book. Should be an interesting perspective. Throughout Running With the Devil (or at least the second half), he's depicted as "asshole bordering on psychopath". Managing to outshine one David Lee Roth in the throes of megalomania.

My main takeaway from that book was that Michael Anthony might be the nicest guy in the history of nice guys. To his own detriment, even.

I wasn't aware he'd written a book. Should be an interesting perspective. Throughout Running With the Devil (or at least the second half), he's depicted as "asshole bordering on psychopath". Managing to outshine one David Lee Roth in the throes of megalomania.

My main takeaway from that book was that Michael Anthony might be the nicest guy in the history of nice guys. To his own detriment, even.
Yeah they just recently started talking about it here lately? I always feel like he gets the short end of the stick in musician discussions. We all know he is a killer but he gets outshined always by his brother. I haven't read 'Running' but I did read the DLR and Sammy books.

Yeah, I didn’t buy that book out of any specific interest in Sharon. I just compulsively read anything that might shed any light on early Sabbath history. Plus I’ve always had a morbid curiosity about Don Arden - a product of a bygone era, and a fascinating nut job. (If you hate Sharon, wait til you get a load of this guy…)

Plus the Kindle edition was $1.99, and I’m a cheapskate lol.

Cheaper than a Checkout Tabloid! :LOL:

I have some Digital Rewards from Bezos.com... so maybe I'll snag some toilet reading material. :rollsafe

Cheaper than a Checkout Tabloid! :LOL:
In more ways than one LOL.

But I have to feed my neurotic "know everything about everything Sabbath-adjacent from every possible angle" disease. :D For instance, I had no idea how serious Ozzy's little ATV accident had been before reading that book. Yikes! :oops:

In more ways than one LOL.

But I have to feed my neurotic "know everything about everything Sabbath-adjacent from every possible angle" disease. :D For instance, I had no idea how serious Ozzy's little ATV accident had been before reading that book. Yikes! :oops:
"The Bev Bevan Story"

I'd need to know more to react and respond accurately :rofl
Ozzy nearly lost his arm. In addition to smashing up his back, his ribs, a lung, being put on a respirator in an induced coma... The kind of stuff you'd almost prefer not to survive. :nails

But since you've admitted to "need to know more", the Bev Bevan reference also suggests you know something Sabbath-adjacent that I don't know. Please help. :D

Ozzy nearly lost his arm. In addition to smashing up his back, his ribs, a lung, being put on a respirator in an induced coma... The kind of stuff you'd almost prefer not to survive. :nails

But since you've admitted to "need to know more", the Bev Bevan reference also suggests you know something Sabbath-adjacent that I don't know. Please help. :D
Wikipedia is a "great" source for joke material. Or so I thought :oops: :LOL:

On the subject of Rock Star biographies, this is my favorite. Even if you don't like Cooper's music the read is mind-blowing.

1709250080196.png

Pulling for ya man. :beer

I had to have extended conversations with my Ex- about our Son yesterday. It was miserable,
because she is miserable and that's all she can share with the world. :facepalm

The fucked up thing is I was tore up about us separating. She cheated. Best thing she ever did
for me. :LOL:

At the time we were building a new home together. I was working on it while she was working
someone else. She got the house and her new man moved in. I was freaking suicidal and homocidal
and all the other cidals. It fucked me up.

But yesterday reminded me that all that pain of separation and my entire world being turned upside
down was very much a good thing in the long run.

15 years ago. Now I have my own place paid for. Have provided for our Son, and only need to
communicate with her on very rare occasions. What a blessing? One I didn't ever see coming. :idk

At the time we were building a new home together. I was working on it while she was working
someone else. She got the house and her new man moved in. I was freaking suicidal and homocidal
and all the other cidals. It fucked me up.
So you were Sabu, the suicidal, homicidal, genocidal maniac?

Back