What book are you currently reading?

I tried to search to see if there was already a thread, but I didn't see one.

I'm currently reading Confess by Rob Halford. I enjoy it so far and it's very entertaining. However, I could've done without the "inappropriate" stuff. I know it's supposed to be a frank and honest book, but I don't really want to read about kids wanking and adults being touchy-feely.

Anyways, what are the rest of you heretics and heathens reading?

Alternating through these right now.

IMG-9456.jpg

I'm re-reading the Hobbit. My son was Gloin in a performance of the Hobbit (performing arts high school, children's theater class) and it made me think I should re-read it since it's been ages. The red head in the middle (that's his natural color).
IMG_8554.jpeg

I'm reading the sci-fi series "the expanse".
I've read the first 2 books (Leviathan Wakes and Caliban's War) and making a pause reading Geddy Lee's bio (My effin life)

Marc Cameron has a couple of series that are my absolute favorite books

Newest is Arlis Cutter series is sooo entertaining (5 books) and his Jerico Quinn books (10) are the bomb too!!

I tried to search to see if there was already a thread, but I didn't see one.

I'm currently reading Confess by Rob Halford. I enjoy it so far and it's very entertaining. However, I could've done without the "inappropriate" stuff. I know it's supposed to be a frank and honest book, but I don't really want to read about kids wanking and adults being touchy-feely.

Anyways, what are the rest of you heretics and heathens reading?
I read Confess last year. Then Halford started turning up in everything else I read for the next few months. I had no idea he was so tight with the Ozzy/ Sabbath camp.

I'm drawn to rock & roll memoirs in general. (Call me Sid Vicarious LOL.) In the last few months:

-Confess
-Sharon Osborne Extreme (shortly after joking that no one but Nuno Bettencourt has said "extreme" since ca. 1995.)
-Running With the Devil
-12 Days on the Road/ The Sex Pistols and America

...and as much of Trust Me I'm Doctor Ozzy as I could stomach, before the tedium nearly killed me. I love Ozzy to death. I've read his autobiography "I Am Ozzy" at least three times. But this Dr. Ozzy pulp is a collection of writing from his brief stint as a newspaper columnist, where people would say, "Dear Ozzy my [x] hurts", and he would reply, "What do I know, I'm just some drunk. By the way did I ever mention the time I [consumed a lot of something] and [broke something]." Over. And over. And over. And over. And over again. (Probably exacerbated by the fact that I've read better accounts of all of these stories elsewhere.)

Can you imagine Ozzy Osbourne being boring?? That's what this book was.

I read Confess last year. Then Halford started turning up in everything else I read for the next few months. I had no idea he was so tight with the Ozzy/ Sabbath camp.

I'm drawn to rock & roll memoirs in general. (Call me Sid Vicarious LOL.) In the last few months:

-Confess
-Sharon Osborne Extreme (shortly after joking that no one but Nuno Bettencourt has said "extreme" since ca. 1995.)
-Running With the Devil
-12 Days on the Road/ The Sex Pistols and America

...and as much of Trust Me I'm Doctor Ozzy as I could stomach, before the tedium nearly killed me. I love Ozzy to death. I've read his autobiography "I Am Ozzy" at least three times. But this Dr. Ozzy pulp is a collection of writing from his brief stint as a newspaper columnist, where people would say, "Dear Ozzy my [x] hurts", and he would reply, "What do I know, I'm just some drunk. By the way did I ever mention the time I [consumed a lot of something] and [broke something]." Over. And over. And over. And over. And over again. (Probably exacerbated by the fact that I've read better accounts of all of these stories elsewhere.)

Can you imagine Ozzy Osbourne being boring?? That's what this book was.
Sharon Osbourne Extreme (as a name) reminds me of those VHS tapes KISS would sell, like KISS KONFIDENTIAL and KISS Xtreme Close Up (or whatever it was called). Sharon Osbourne Extreme makes me think she's going to talk about how she let Randy and Rudy have their way with her to get back at Ozzy. Speaking of which, how the hell does Ozzy remember so much in I Am Ozzy?

Rocker bios all go something like:
I was a poor kid, finally got a cheap guitar, got beat up or beat up others, my first band that sucked -then all of a sudden they shred and are in a killer band. They get signed, tour, make tons of money then get addicted to drugs, get divorced. Do a 'Greatest hits' to make up all that dough they lost in divorce.
Go to rehab then find new drugs. Geddy's book was the only one that was very different. Sammy's was very good too. I am Ozzy was hilarious. Others like Pete Way, I jut scratched my head and thought how is this guy still alive -sadly, not anymore
Same with Slash.

By the way, I tried to start Geezer Butler's book, expecting it to be great since he's quite a reader himself. Instead, what little I read of it was like some drunk in a bar half remembering shit and vaguely going, "oh this happened" for a paragraph. Then moving on and going, "this happened too." I'll have to go back to it when I have the patience.

By the way, I tried to start Geezer Butler's book, expecting it to be great since he's quite a reader himself. Instead, what little I read of it was like some drunk in a bar half remembering shit and vaguely going, "oh this happened" for a paragraph. Then moving on and going, "this happened too." I'll have to go back to it when I have the patience.
Oh, I completely forgot about that one. (Telling.) Add it to the list of rock memoirs I’ve read in the past couple of months. (Sorry, Jerry. More books.) Yeah, it was a surprisingly dull take on such a monumental career. Even Tony’s Iron Man was a better read.

Oh, I completely forgot about that one. (Telling.) Add it to the list of rock memoirs I’ve read in the past couple of months. (Sorry, Jerry. More books.) Yeah, it was a surprisingly dull take on such a monumental career. Even Tony’s Iron Man was a better read.
Yeah, Tony's was pretty entertaining. I could tell with Iommi and Gene Simmon's book that they actually wrote it most likely. If it was written by someone else, it was likely just transcribed by that other person with some editing/rearrangement for the sake of clarity. Some books, like Ace Frehley's, read like they were completely written by someone else. Peter's book seems very much like he was heavily involved, though he's not quite educated enough to write. Probably the case of someone transcribing him telling what his upbringing was like, time in and out of KISS, etc.

Sharon's a certifiable cuntrag. I don't need to read anything penned by her to challenge that, or make
me feel any differently about that sub human. :facepalm
Yeah, I didn’t buy that book out of any specific interest in Sharon. I just compulsively read anything that might shed any light on early Sabbath history. Plus I’ve always had a morbid curiosity about Don Arden - a product of a bygone era, and a fascinating nut job. (If you hate Sharon, wait til you get a load of this guy…)

Plus the Kindle edition was $1.99, and I’m a cheapskate lol.

Back