Neural DSP - Cortex Control beta, CorOS 2.2 released

giphy.gif

Hahahahah I only made a positive post yesterday!

My original post had a follow up of “Just maybe skip NAMM this year so you’re not showing off a beta of a beta you’re going to release 10.5 months after NAMM, while using NAMM as an excuse for any delays”, but I felt the progress was more important than my bitching. :rofl

I'll be keeping an eye on this...I've avoided NDSP but I do wonder about giving it a shot if it does hit a level of maturity.

Honest question, how is this different than say a Fractal Public Beta or Kemper public beta?
The non-beta releases are functional and the beta is optional. People have been waiting for an editor for TWO YEARS. Why release it in a semi-functional state? NDSP does not give a shit about end users, IMO.

I don't need to imagine this - pretty much every commercially available OS has Open Betas, so I already live in a world where this is commonplace! ;)
Everyone else is releasing open beta versions of things that already have functional non-beta versions. I don’t see how it’s the same thing.

Open Beta just means “here’s our shit, dig through it for whole corn and report”. Imagine if an OS did this?!
Confused... Are you being sarcastic or just clueless? They (a lot of major mainstream S/W players) do this kind of stuff all the time. If you don't see the value in this, you'd have to be pretty lost. It's a win/win for users and the developers; if stability is of utmost importance for you, then hold out for a 1.0. By all accounts the beta is stable so it won't be forever. IMHO.

Everyone else is releasing open beta versions of things that already have functional non-beta versions. I don’t see how it’s the same thing.
So, something that is new can't have an open beta? That's just silly!

Kemper didn't have an editor until they release an open beta of Rig Manager 3.0 that included the editor...

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...g-manager-3-0-beta-the-editor-is-out.2102038/

NDSP announced that Cortex Control would release as an open beta programme *months* ago, and specifically mentioned October 9th a month back.

Screenshot_20231010-170415.png

The hate that they are getting for actually achieving this simply beggars belief, regardless of how many known bugs it contains.

It does seem to me that most QC users are actually pretty happy with it and, at this point, their opinions count for a lot more than those of people who aren't invested in the platform.

Back