Neural DSP - Cortex Control beta, CorOS 2.2 released

Reading reports that the desktop app, minus minor beta bugs, is pretty good! As a former owner, i'm looking forward to the first video reviews of this thing.

View attachment 11752

NDSP surely took their sweet time implementing this thing, but kudos on what appears to be an excellent implementation.
It's probably the color coding and the way they took the Helix path system, but looking at this, I see a modernized version of this:

L6HN_01-gw4UZeVXVn4u.NIVK3.EdlW97ceEBK.3.jpg

Without the fonts for ants!

tiny GIF

Not going to give NDSP anything but props to appropriately stating a release date, meeting it, and by all accounts.....nailing it.

Is it making me reconsider owning another one? Not quite. I think when they have a palette of synth sounds comparable to Archetype: Rabea (or if Rabea:X is available and firmware to run it is out).... it'd be possible to think about circling back around.

By then, tho, I expect other companies to be readying their next-gen salvos....

Definitely happy for the QC owners and I dig the way they listed the known bugs up front, that’s certainly pro-active. Looks like they hit up everything the users have wanted and need without missing some important features for the sake of ‘elegance’, that’s awesome.

I like the audition devices feature, that's handy and thoughtful.

Now I just gotta wait until two months after release...

Again .. this product for me will never be a go-er ... but perhaps kudos where kudos is due:-

"..... Local backups. Cortex Control lets you create and manage local backups of your Quad Cortex directly on your computer. You can create as many local backups as you need. Quick actions for renaming, updating, deleting, and recalling backups makes managing them quick and easy ..... "

Will this allow QC users to (a) backup individual presets or groups of presets on their own Computers (?) -or- (b) is it just full-system-wide-image-backups on their own computer (?)

I would think (a) if it is the case - would be extremely well received by QC users (?)

Ben

Don't ask me why but, as a native speaker, i hate video reviews in Spanish :LOL:

Here's another cool showcase of the new editor. Looks pretty damn good to me!

EDIT: Also, +1 to Sterlacci's comment about touchscreens being overrated. Sure, they're nice to have, but UX beats cool factor any time.

Last edited:
Again .. this product for me will never be a go-er ... but perhaps kudos where kudos is due:-

"..... Local backups. Cortex Control lets you create and manage local backups of your Quad Cortex directly on your computer. You can create as many local backups as you need. Quick actions for renaming, updating, deleting, and recalling backups makes managing them quick and easy ..... "

Will this allow QC users to (a) backup individual presets or groups of presets on their own Computers (?) -or- (b) is it just full-system-wide-image-backups on their own computer (?)

I would think (a) if it is the case - would be extremely well received by QC users (?)

Ben
The new update replaces the USB A port with a micro USB port.
Don't ask me why but, as a native speaker, i hate video reviews in Spanish :LOL:

Here's another cool showcase of the new editor. Looks pretty damn good to me!

EDIT: Also, +1 to Sterlacci's comment about touchscreens being overrated. Sure, they're nice to have, but UX beats cool factor any time.

I always thought you were British? No idea why :rofl

Back