Neural DSP - Cortex Control beta, CorOS 2.2 released

All it took was an industry giant to release a competing product that already had an editor!

I won't be gaslighted into thinking the recent price drop had anything to do with other than the TMP launch.

Michael Douglas Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Last edited:
All it took was an industry giant to release a competing product that already had an editor! Then a two year wait manifested in one week! ;)

Maybe if Gibson or PRS release a pedal that runs vst plug-ins, all of Neural’s plugs will be available in the QC a week later too.

At the risk of saying something complimentary to Neural, I will say the release of TMP puts into context what Neural managed to achieve with the QC, without the resources and financial might of a company like Fender. The QC is a significantly more ambitious (superior :bag) device.

They did their best to undermine it with wildly inflated expectations and poor communication, but somebody at Neural HQ is extremely capable, when the office break room doesn’t look like this…

giphy.gif

Looks like you can drive a capture from Cortex Control and audition/tweak cab IRs with it if it is direct... that's pretty cool.

Hopefully, moving things around/renaming/etc is all solid at this point.

I have been putting off reorganizing and renaming a bunch of stuff because I don't want to be bent over tapping on the virtual keyboard, etc, for hours. Will be nice to connect to a computer and do device data management.

I kind of got it to a state where I could tolerate how I had it organized and just left it like that for months, it'll be nice to have it setup more optimally, though.

Reading reports that the desktop app, minus minor beta bugs, is pretty good! As a former owner, i'm looking forward to the first video reviews of this thing.

SCR-20231010-dklr.png

NDSP surely took their sweet time releasing it, but kudos on what appears to be an excellent implementation.

Last edited:
The problem is, he’d probably like it. :ROFLMAO:
Hard to say tbh. Depends on if JT is wanting to get back into captures.

Because imo the fractal models smoke a majority of the QCs and the effects are better as well.

If JT didn't have a fractal I'd push harder 😂 but I'll say for the 100th time, keep an eye out for a demo model in the next few months at SW. Once they get through that batch that was initially 1899, I imagine the demo models will reflect the new price and be a steal.

Back