NDSP Quad Cortex

Shooting some captures of the updated IR-X today. Really wish you could change output levels after the fact.

The way I do it is, I start a capture ( it takes 5 minutes ) I start the next one, and then I go back and add info stuff to the cloud.
But yeah, it should be a bit easyer

God their website is crap. You can't multi-edit captures to add tags to a bunch of them all at once. LAYYYYYYMMMEEEEE.
That's what I hated back in 2021. It was a real chore to edit all the capture descriptions in there, and making multiple captures was annoying on the device because you had to go through all the setup steps every time.

because you had to go through all the setup steps every time.
You don't have to do that now. When you save a capture it takes you back to the capturing screen, and you just hit start capture again once your amp is setup. It remembers the last name used too, which is quite useful when doing multiple captures of the same amp.

You don't have to do that now. When you save a capture it takes you back to the capturing screen, and you just hit start capture again once your amp is setup. It remembers the last name used too, which is quite useful when doing multiple captures of the same amp.
That's a huge time saver already.

I checked out my captures on the cloud and most of them were not set to public. If you want to check them out, there's now a lot more of them for the Bogner Goldfinger 45 SL and Victory VC35 here: https://cloud.neuraldsp.com/cloud/u/laxu/neural_capture

Who said the QC effects were shit? Was it me. Well me is a d******d if so.
The effects are fine. I wish they'd add a few more. We're still missing things like mod ring, bit crusher, and appregiator, but I've never had a problem with the fx that are there themselves.

Last edited:
The effects are fine. I wish they'd add a few more. We're still missing things like mod ring, bit crusher, and appregiator, buy I've never had a problem with the fx that are there themselves.
I've burned about 3 hours today doing a few comparisons with Meris MercuryX and the Mind, Modulated, and Plate Lush reverbs on QC. TBH... they're in the same league IMO.

I am really loving the Freeze effect too. That is better than the EHX version!

I've burned about 3 hours today doing a few comparisons with Meris MercuryX and the Mind, Modulated, and Plate Lush reverbs on QC. TBH... they're in the same league IMO.

I am really loving the Freeze effect too. That is better than the EHX version!

What about compared to Fractal? Is Fractal still king? By how much if so? Is the QC gaining or just still .. far behind?
(I don't have either units, I'm just going by what people have said in the past about the effects)

What about compared to Fractal? Is Fractal still king? By how much if so? Is the QC gaining or just still .. far behind?
(I don't have either units, I'm just going by what people have said in the past about the effects)

Well first I'd say, Meris, Strymon, Line6, Fractal, QC... none of them are outright shit.

But I would say for quality, Meris, Strymon, Fractal, and QC... they're all within the same league for reverb quality. I'd say the Line6 ones are slightly lower in quality; purely from a "does it sound metallic, does it sound disconnected from the guitar" perspective.

But let's draw a distinction between quality, and inspiring.

Meris and Fractal are a lot more inspiring to me for certain types of sounds - large atmospheric cinematic pads, soundscapes, and the kinds of sounds where you can play 2 notes and then just listen to the reverb tails and how they decay away to silence. Meris and Fractal really own that game. So do Source Audio come to think of it. Line6 isn't so good at that IMHO.

But for bread and butter "I just need my guitar to be a bit wet" type stuff.... they're all good at it, and it is really just character that differentiates between them. Personally I've always kind of struggled with the Line6 reverb character. The QC character is similar to Meris and Fractal, where the decay is smooth and there aren't these metallic resonances that pop out depending on what notes you play.

Oh man @Orvillain turned heel in the last couple weeks lol

I've been wishing for more stereo delay options for the QC, but then I was playing this weekend and found it really distracting so went back to mono!

I also set up my A/B box so I can immediately go back and forth between my Axe FX 3 and QC. That's been interesting. There's a very slight preference for Fractal over QC much of the time but not always.

Other thing is, even after all my capturing of pedals, I still generally like the modeled versions in the QC as much or better.

Season 2 Wrestling GIF by Heels

Oh man @Orvillain turned heel in the last couple weeks lol

I've been wishing for more stereo delay options for the QC, but then I was playing this weekend and found it really distracting so went back to mono!

I also set up my A/B box so I can immediately go back and forth between my Axe FX 3 and QC. That's been interesting. There's a very slight preference for Fractal over QC much of the time but not always.

Other thing is, even after all my capturing of pedals, I still generally like the modeled versions in the QC as much or better.
I agree with what Orvillian had said too about the tones
There is something very visceral in the QC there is a snarl to its mids and a bite that really reminds me of a tube amp I can’t explain it just fun to play , also the attack and low end response is just very pleasing to a Heavy rock player or metal guys , it immediate
I hear it in their captures to compared to the Kemper

Back