NDSP Quad Cortex

If they release a QC 2, OG QC owners will probs be pissed if it's an improvement on the OG 🤣
"Nano" almost certainly means less I/O, fewer encoders. And I can't see any reason it would have more content (e.g. effects.)

Regardless, it's been a great three years. I'm good. :)

Hey now’s a good time to sell then 😛
bingo GIF

Funny... I was playing with a few captures of a Suhr SL68, and I just found out that I have a few captures of the Suhr SL68 MKII as well, I forgot about these.

I didn't get the burst of excitement anyway. They seem like they're at capacity with developing bandwidth being that it's all plugins, all the time now. The prospect of a cheaper one....cool, I guess, but price doesn't seem to be a barrier to entry for many around here. Even if they announce a nano or dual cortex, what really changes?

I didn't get the burst of excitement anyway. They seem like they're at capacity with developing bandwidth being that it's all plugins, all the time now. The prospect of a cheaper one....cool, I guess, but price doesn't seem to be a barrier to entry for many around here. Even if they announce a nano or dual cortex, what really changes?
Not sure what you mean. They just released a massive update for the QC and have communicated what they are working on next. None of us have any idea if they are at "capacity". Primarily, they have been a plugin company, so zero surprise that is more of their focus, even though the QC updates are rolling out...

Pretty sure there would be a very strong market for a smaller QC. My guess is that, they would have a separate team dedicated to update and support that, and maybe streamline the code between their units - to easily port changes. But who knows.

Not sure what you mean. They just released a massive update for the QC and have communicated what they are working on next. None of us have any idea if they are at "capacity". Primarily, they have been a plugin company, so zero surprise that is more of their focus, even though the QC updates are rolling out...

Pretty sure there would be a very strong market for a smaller QC. My guess is that, they would have a separate team dedicated to update and support that, and maybe streamline the code between their units - to easily port changes. But who knows.

The "massiveness" of the update was primarily....the plugins added for people who purchased them. Shout out to sidechaining and doublers, but not massive. They claim they're shifting their focus to new amplifiers and effects, but that remains to be seen.

I mostly agree on the market for a cheaper and nerfed QC. I'm sure it's there, and if not...their marketing department will create one. I just didn't think it'd be a needle mover around here, but I could absolutely be super duper wrong.

The "massiveness" of the update was primarily....the plugins added for people who purchased them. Shout out to sidechaining and doublers, but not massive. They claim they're shifting their focus to new amplifiers and effects, but that remains to be seen.

I mostly agree on the market for a cheaper and nerfed QC. I'm sure it's there, and if not...their marketing department will create one. I just didn't think it'd be a needle mover around here, but I could absolutely be super duper wrong.
Fair enough - let's call it a "significant" update instead of "massive".

Do you own a QC?

Fair enough - let's call it a "significant" update instead of "massive". Don't really need to nit pick wording, do we?

Do you own a QC?

Used to. I remain interested in the product because it's still pretty unique in its combination of compact form factor, modeling, profiling, effects and a modern UI. The only thing close is Headrush Core/Prime, which uh.....no.

call me crazy but I think they are going to ramp up this fall

I predict you will see
-Pcom with Nameless and Soldano in September
- another new plug-in
- the nano
-another update that brings new amps and effects possibly the synth and
Pcom with Nolly and Parrellaxe

If the new Nano is Pcom useable they are going to want to release that prior tho the 50% Black Friday plug in sale in November IMO

Let’s see , doing nothing is always still and option to

call me crazy but I think they are going to ramp up this fall

I predict you will see
-Pcom with Nameless and Soldano in September
- another new plug-in
- the nano
-another update that brings new amps and effects possibly the synth and
Pcom with Nolly and Parrellaxe

If the new Nano is Pcom useable they are going to want to release that prior tho the 50% Black Friday plug in sale in November IMO

Let’s see , doing nothing is always still and option to

That'd be a pretty successful end to 2024. I hope they get there.

Back