NDSP Quad Cortex

But only 1 Amp block (FM3) or 2 Amp blocks (FM 9 and III) at a time. Playing tru. Yes they can have 4 channels, but only play with 1 or 2 at the same time
Why would you need 4 amps at a time, unless you're trying to emulate Joe Bonamassa? IMO, four amps at a time in the QC is basically good for getting around the limitation of no channels.

Why would you need 4 amps at a time, unless you're trying to emulate Joe Bonamassa? IMO, four amps at a time in the QC is basically good for getting around the limitation of no channels.
Someone said it could not be done, but it can be done, that was my point. This could be a cool way to record into a DAW, have 4 different amps at the same time, in 4 different tracks. I only use max 3 at a time with bass.
Or if you wanna go full Bonnamassa haha

Someone said it could not be done, but it can be done, that was my point. This could be a cool way to record into a DAW, have 4 different amps at the same time, in 4 different tracks. I only use max 3 at a time with bass.
Or if you wanna go full Bonnamassa haha
Ah gotcha. I thought that was common knowledge since release that it could do four at once.

Are the factory captures finally in folders? Or can you at least do it yourself?
I can copy them to a Folder I made. So that is a cool thing. Tho I wish I could make folders inside the Factory folder, if that makes sence

Last edited:
I suppose it could be useful sort of like the old guitar amps where you’ve got inputs for two guitars, microphone, bass and accordion so the whole band can play through one amp :grin

I’ve given up even using two amps at once, always just one. But I’ve also learned never to doubt anyone else’s gear needs.

I’m sure someone out there is thrilled that they can run 4 amps in parallel because that’s how they get their sound

8zbpb7.jpg

Stereo amps can be fantastic. Especially for the P&W style of running all your effects into the front of cleanish amps.

Here's a test I made a few weeks ago:

Back in college I played with a band that did P&W stuff and I used to do stereo amps all the time.

I used to use an AC30 and a Matchless Clubman through a 212 in stereo and it was amazing.

My favorite combo ended up being a Bad Cat Black Cat with a Fender Pro Junior. I realized the Pro Junior was like having a big midrange control I could dial in with the Bad Cat.

But somehow I never found dual amps useful when I switched to digital. It just didn’t seem to translate well in digital for me, so I gave it up and switched to a single amp

Multi-amp setup, in any device; is just overkill imo.

I agree with that for most tones. I find it useless for clean tones as well as most high gain. Where I think dual amp tones can shine is in the light crunch/edge of breakup area. Fractal has a factory patch of multiple scenes of Vox and Plexi amps together, and it just smokes. I really can hear the dual chime/kerrang characteristics playing well off each other, and it's inspiring for songwriting.

Aside from that, you're probably better off with a single really good amp model/capture, but going out to dual cabs with different, but complimentary properties.

I agree with that for most tones. I find it useless for clean tones as well as most high gain. Where I think dual amp tones can shine is in the light crunch/edge of breakup area. Fractal has a factory patch of multiple scenes of Vox and Plexi amps together, and it just smokes. I really can hear the dual chime/kerrang characteristics playing well off each other, and it's inspiring for songwriting.

Aside from that, you're probably better off with a single really good amp model/capture, but going out to dual cabs with different, but complimentary properties.
I think dual amps makes sense when you are aiming for kitchen sink and you are working around "limitations" each product out there may have. I know we have the gapless preset option in a lot of pieces these days but there is always spillover and global block limitations as well just "I'm not managing 197 presets" bs that also gets factored in.

I think dual amps makes sense when you are aiming for kitchen sink and you are working around "limitations" each product out there may have. I know we have the gapless preset option in a lot of pieces these days but there is always spillover and global block limitations as well just "I'm not managing 197 presets" bs that also gets factored in.

If you're recording, it's probably better to slim it down and layer on tracks with different signal chains if you're going for added depth. If you're playing live, it's probably even more important to keep it simple for routing to FOH or cabs.

That being said, micropitch/chorus can help create a massive sound if you're just playing chords and are the only guitar player.

"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should." - Achilles

You could almost see it coming with Sheer Heart Attack but it busted wide open with A Night at the Opera.

Queen was so damn talented with probably the biggest toolbox of any other band except maybe The Beatles.
(and the same critique holds true of them)

But......
Just because you have all of the talent and tools to come up with songs like Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon, 39,
and Good Company, doesn't mean you should record and release them on a freaking album!!!

Kinda how I eventually got to feel about modelers. Just because all of the tools and potentials are in there doesn't
mean I have to go anywhere near them.

Last edited:
Back in college I played with a band that did P&W stuff and I used to do stereo amps all the time.

I used to use an AC30 and a Matchless Clubman through a 212 in stereo and it was amazing.

My favorite combo ended up being a Bad Cat Black Cat with a Fender Pro Junior. I realized the Pro Junior was like having a big midrange control I could dial in with the Bad Cat.

But somehow I never found dual amps useful when I switched to digital. It just didn’t seem to translate well in digital for me, so I gave it up and switched to a single amp

Totally get it. I experimented with dual amps early on with Helix and Headrush and never found it useful. It just sounded mushy to me. Tinkered a bit with Fractal and it was cool too, but not super useful. It's definitely more of a niche thing, but for some people it's a definite need. Rabea for instance said recently he wasn't interested in digital until he could do stereo amps.

If you're recording, it's probably better to slim it down and layer on tracks with different signal chains if you're going for added depth. If you're playing live, it's probably even more important to keep it simple for routing to FOH or cabs.

That being said, micropitch/chorus can help create a massive sound if you're just playing chords and are the only guitar player.

I almost never worry about stereo for recording. Usually you're double tracking or adding stereo effects in the mix.

On the recording side, I know it's not breaking new ground but I really like to set up Helix Native on a few bus sends. Small reverb, big reverb, slap delay, big delay, etc. Then feed the individual tracks as needed. Keeps things more simple and works great.

OK, so I'm finally getting around to updating to 3.0, and having never owned any NDSP plugins... I could use some advice as to which to select as my freebie.

Neither "Plini" nor "Gojira" are references that mean much to me, and I'm not all that motivated by the amp models considering how many models and captures are already available. (But please convince me if either of these plugins' amps have something unique to offer.) The effects overlap somewhat and also overlap with the new native doubler and transpose (which is a good thing: NDSP keeping to their recently stated position on QC vs. plugin content.)

Some of the not-yet-compatible plugins are also tempting. I want the MkIIc+ suite because MkIIc+, obviously. And I'm tempted by Rabea because synth... even if it is monophonic. People have been talking up the reverbs in Morgan and Tone King... but neither are described as being springs, oddly enough. (Both say, "The Reverb covers everything from subtle ambience to almost infinite soundscapes", whatever that means.)

Sorry, I know this has been discussed to death for the last 500 pages or so, but I'm just tuning in now. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Back