NDSP Quad Cortex

My QC arrived yesterday, but I didn't have time to try it out until this afternoon. Perhaps it‘s just because I‘m tired and exhausted from work, but no matter what presets, amp models and effects I've tried so far, I haven't exactly been blown away.
That’s still my take on the unit. Really cool unit (especially the form factor on a desk). Haven’t been blown away. Still, very serviceable once I started fussing with levels and whatnot

… oh and captures. I do like captures more than models

I was watching the rugby 7s earlier and my girlfriend grabbed the remote and put on the tennis.

Game changer.

wakka-reaction.gif

My QC arrived yesterday, but I didn't have time to try it out until this afternoon. Perhaps it‘s just because I‘m tired and exhausted from work, but no matter what presets, amp models and effects I've tried so far, I haven't exactly been blown away.
Not to sound like an ass but when was the last time you were blown away by a piece of gear 😀

Just make your own preset
Freidman lead
Marshall 1960 GB 71 cab
Mics 160 and 421 pretty much stock setting
808 in front
For delay I would recommend the dual delay
Verbs the plates tight or lush

If your a rock guy
Krakens too either of those channels

Cleans , Paul from studio rats 🐀 got killer Morgan SW( dumble) tones with his Tele Captain 50 I think it’s called
I will try this as well! Paul is a beast for sure

After getting some help on the NDSP forum I was able to build the WDW preset I was wanting to build on the QC. The preset I had on the FM9 had:

Dry signal going to three speakers (FR-12, 2x PXMs)
Dual detune 100% wet in parallel (stereo)
Two delays 100% wet in parallel (stereo)

It had a few other things but that was the skeleton. That was easy to setup on the Fractal but a bit less so for me on the QC (probably because I'm so used to the Fractal 🤷🏾‍♂️). But I was able to get it going.

Link to preset:

IMG_5806.jpeg

Last edited:
After getting some help on the NDSP forum I was able to build the WDW preset I was wanting to build on the QC. The preset I had on the FM9 had:

Dry signal going to three speakers (FR-12, 2x PXMs)
Dual detune 100% wet in parallel (stereo)
Two delays 100% wet in parallel (stereo)

It had a few other things but that was the skeleton. That was easy to setup on the Fractal but a bit less so for me on the QC (probably because I'm so used to the Fractal 🤷🏾‍♂️). But I was able to get it going.

Link to preset:

View attachment 25999

"After getting some help on the NDSP forum"

game changer right there

I have never experienced anything but ridicule and crickets , good on you to find someone to help

Yeah, but it is an option on Helix.

It would be nice to see that on the QC
On the QC you can select “trials on” per effect…I assume that gives you gapless switching.
I dont know for sure …cause I do everything in one preset with scenes. Those are gapless for sure…and at least an available workaround for tunes where it’s essential.

On the QC you can select “trials on” per effect…I assume that gives you gapless switching.
I dont know for sure …cause I do everything in one preset with scenes. Those are gapless for sure…and at least an available workaround for tunes where it’s essential.
I think they are talking switching full presets , and there is for sure noticeable drop out there , scenes is great

I will try this as well! Paul is a beast for sure
Paul has some of the best tones I have ever heard , be it pickup demo. Amp demos ,that guy is good
and he has a bunch of cool QC capture packs Mezzabarba, Bogner Helios, Bogner XTC, Two Rocks

*** I will also add that the Bogner Helios eclipse has more gain than any modded Marshall I have ever heard

Paul has some of the best tones I have ever heard , be it pickup demo. Amp demos ,that guy is good
and he has a bunch of cool QC capture packs Mezzabarba, Bogner Helios, Bogner XTC, Two Rocks

*** I will also add that the Bogner Helios eclipse has more gain than any modded Marshall I have ever heard
Hmmm need to look up some Helios captures then..

Hmmm need to look up some Helios captures then..
the regular one has less gain , this was the Eclipse , I think its only there for ToneX at the moment he is behind on the QC stuff

Watch his video on YouTube , its ridiculous I mean its too much its got like tones of gain stages then clipping circuits its gets insane
Paul was like yep that good for me at the HOT channel , and there is still like 2 levels higher lol

"After getting some help on the NDSP forum"

game changer right there

I have never experienced anything but ridicule and crickets , good on you to find someone to help
Wow. I guess good on that person for being one of the helpful people on there then.

Is there a "good" QC forum? More akin to the Fractal forum? If not, would it be worth exploring creating a sub forum here? One where a mod is a little l heavy handed to keep it to questions, answers, etc. to make sure this thread remains the NDSP haters hangout? 😂

A few more first impressions:
- Noise floor of the Plini amp in the QC is significantly louder (approx. 6dB) than through my audio interface and the Plini X plugin.
- I really like the Kraken model.
- The user interface on the device is very intuitive indeed.
- Stepped encoders. I love, love, love stepped encoders.

Last edited:
Wow. I guess good on that person for being one of the helpful people on there then.

Is there a "good" QC forum? More akin to the Fractal forum? If not, would it be worth exploring creating a sub forum here? One where a mod is a little l heavy handed to keep it to questions, answers, etc. to make sure this thread remains the NDSP haters hangout? 😂
I say lots of good things about NDSP , but in my personal opinion NO , their Forum and Discord, is an exercise in frustration

The fact , that you need to gain Honour points. so that you can make a feature request , is some of the most ridiculous bullshit I have seen anywhere .

Bob would like to say hey" can I request momentary switching" but he can';t because he has no points left or has already requested too much
that's insane

A few more first impressions:
- Noise floor of the Plini amp in the QC is significantly louder (approx. 6dB) than through my audio interface and the Plini X plugin.
- I love the Kraken model!
- The user interface on the device is really excellent.
- Stepped encoders. I love, love, love stepped encoders.
they are using different levels NDSP posted the matches I think you had to drop QC to -2.80 or something that
I have heard good things about the Kraken

and so it goes , that's generally my experience with QC at first its meh , then you start to find amp and tones you dig
like a clean Morgan , and then you go let me just add a spring reverb but you realize wow this sounds nothing like a spring reverb
so you move go grab another verb pull back the mix and go well this is good enough

Then you play for a while and as you use the interface and encoders you go wow this is fun and easy , and it sounds good , sop you start to forget its shortcomings and just play

Back