NDSP Quad Cortex

Wow. I guess good on that person for being one of the helpful people on there then.

Is there a "good" QC forum? More akin to the Fractal forum? If not, would it be worth exploring creating a sub forum here? One where a mod is a little l heavy handed to keep it to questions, answers, etc. to make sure this thread remains the NDSP haters hangout? 😂
QC forum has helped me. a few times. No issues over there for me

Not without filling the preset with more clutter from multiple of the same blocks. Fractal's way keeps it much clearer.
This is true. And the QC grid is only 8x4 (32 spaces) while fractals is 14x6 (84 spaces; on FM9 and AxeFX III). The routing on the Fractal grid is untouchable imo. Nothing else is even close afaik.

Not without filling the preset with more clutter from multiple of the same blocks. Fractal's way keeps it much clearer.
Yes, but it can have 4 amps, it can also have more then that in 1 preset.
The FM3 can only have 1 amp in a preset. The FM9 can have 2, and the Axe Fx III can have 2

Yes, but it can have 4 amps, it can also have more then that in 1 preset.
The FM3 can only have 1 amp in a preset. The FM9 can have 2, and the Axe Fx III can have 2
Not quite. A single amp block can have 4 separate amps in it (using the channels).

But only 1 Amp block (FM3) or 2 Amp blocks (FM 9 and III) at a time. Playing tru. Yes they can have 4 channels, but only play with 1 or 2 at the same time
Yeah - I didn't mind that when I was the only user of the unit but when I found out I needed something to service the other guys in the band, my whole POV shifted - a LOT

This is a quick preset i made just now, with 4 models of the Mesa Boogie JP-C+ 🤘
@Aleksi

Ch 1
Ch 2
Ch 2
Ch 3

79%

1000003061.jpg

All with these options in the amp block
1000003063.jpg

1000003064.jpg

Way more than I need, like ever! Haha

Last edited:
Try maxing out the cpu in a preset with only amp captures…Im on holidays…so no QC within reach..,but I’m guessing…at least 16.
Prob like 12, I see some sell capture packs with 12 in the pack/preset.
In my preset I could have only used 2 cabs, that would free up some CPU, but I was at 79% with my preset. This with the new Circular Delay also (y)

The different units have different pros and cons. I like the ability to stuff more things into a single preset and switch via scenes/snapshots over gapless preset switching myself.
Absolutely the same. Once I adopted scenes on the FAS devices, I ceased to care about preset switching time. 8 scenes is enough for me for a single preset. I understand others may have different needs but personally it’s a non-issue on most stuff nowadays from my perspective.

Absolutely the same. Once I adopted scenes on the FAS devices, I ceased to care about preset switching time. 8 scenes is enough for me for a single preset. I understand others may have different needs but personally it’s a non-issue on most stuff nowadays from my perspective.

The combo of scenes, multi channel blocks, gapless preset switching, spillover, and songs/set lists is where it’s at for me.

I’d stopped using scenes because 8 was never enough, and I realized there are a lot more variations of tones available by using individual effect on/off footswitches. But with gapless presets I’m no longer limited to 8, I can spread across multiple presets to get as many as I need.

Combine that with songs/setlists to have access to just what I need for each song and that’s become my favorite workflow

But only 1 Amp block (FM3) or 2 Amp blocks (FM 9 and III) at a time. Playing tru. Yes they can have 4 channels, but only play with 1 or 2 at the same time
True but it's rare that most people need to play through more than one amp at a time (so FM3 is fine). And for those who do, two is usually enough (so FM9 and AxeFX is enough). You might be able to load up 4 amp blocks in a preset in QC, but how often are most people gonna be playing through more than one or two at a time?

Having the FM9 and QC on hand now, there are pros and cons to either.

The primary two pros for me for the QC are form factor and ease of use without using the editor. Also the ability to load the plugin blocks and presets is very useful. Capturing is less important to me but is also a pro.

Fractal's pros for me are the rigs and routing, incredible effects, ability to deep edit, gapless switching, foot switching, and scribble strips.

I really enjoy aspects of both units.

I firmly believe neither is objectively better because which one is best for a given person totally depends on the person.

Back