NDSP Quad Cortex

Same. I'll take another look when they release some new/improved effects and maybe depending on what that Nano Cortex looks like.
Well Sweetwater has Sweetwater weekend Aug10

I think they are likely way busy at the moment but what are the chances they announce NANO there

Well Sweetwater has Sweetwater weekend Aug10

I think they are likely way busy at the moment but what are the chances they announce NANO there
Hard to say. They sell to more than just SW so idk how hard pressed they would be to coincide it with a SW event?

I think if people blocked out the marketing noise and tried the actual product, most people would be really happy and impressed.
Yeah I think that’s hard for some to do especially if they spend a lot of time on forums. I’ve been guilty of being turned off by marketing noise of some companies… heck even an over zealous minority of users can at times turn people off of owning a piece of gear.

I agree, if you like gear that some others may not then cool. Make your sound the way you want to. Who gives a crap what other players think about your preferred gear…. especially anonymous players of brand x on the interwebz.

Hard to say. They sell to more than just SW so idk how hard pressed they would be to coincide it with a SW event?
Sweetwater event is pretty crazy it’s like a summer Namm , I think they have announced stuff there before
But I suspect to soon for NDSP

Maybe holiday around November or Jan Namm

Yeah I think that’s hard for some to do especially if they spend a lot of time on forums. I’ve been guilty of being turned off by marketing noise of some companies… heck even an over zealous minority of users can at times tune people off.

I agree, if you like gear that some others may not then cool. Make your sound the way you want to. Who gives a crap what other players think about your preferred gear…. especially anonymous players of brand x on the interwebz think.

Totally agree. There's a lot of different posters I respect the hell out of here, and I do listen when they have criticisms. It's a real influence for sure.

Totally agree. There's a lot of different posters I respect the hell out of here, and I do listen when they have criticisms. It's a real influence for sure.
Yeah I respect people’s opinion on what’s good for them for sure. Whether or not what someone else’s opinion will sway me isn’t really a thing I put a lot of weight in for me on forums. I do reach out at times for some feedback if I think they may have experience enough (especially technical questions) to have a point of view that may help me but in the end it is really useless until you try it out for yourself imho.

I think if people blocked out the marketing noise and tried the actual product, most people would be really happy and impressed.
I did when it released, and still feel like it's not quite there. I would be probably annoyed by the progress if I had kept the QC, as much as I want to love it.

I hope we are now finally at the turning point for NDSP and they can focus on providing features that make a real difference in the product's capabilities.

But it's hard to gain that trust back when they've constantly overpromised and underdelivered.

For me one of the biggest detractors was the run of the bricked units they were having on FB last year when Drew posted a bunch of screen shots , I was like ummm nope

On Wednesday July 31st, we released CorOS 3.0.0 with Plugin Compatibility and Cortex Control 1.1.0. The response to this update has been overwhelmingly positive and we cannot thank you enough for your patience and your kind words. This release shattered any records held by previous updates with respect to the number of users who updated on release day!

We also announced that we are giving away a free plugin to all Quad Cortex owners who update to CorOS 3.0.0 until Wednesday August 28th.

Finally, we introduced TINA, our data collection robot, and published a follow-up article and research paper explaining how we’ve merged mechanical robotics with machine learning in more detail.

In the coming weeks, we will release CorOS 3.0.1, patching any issues that are found in CorOS 3.0.0, while simultaneously finishing up the remaining tasks for CorOS 3.1.0.

The future of CorOS updates
CorOS 3.0.0 was our most significant update to date, overhauling much of the system’s architecture. With this update now complete, we’re shifting gears to deliver more frequent releases, including new devices like amplifiers and effects for all users. We understand some users have concerns that Plugin Compatibility might put new devices behind a paywall, but we want to make it absolutely clear: that’s not the case.

We’re proud to introduce Plugin Compatibility to the Quad Cortex, marking the first time a modeling company has effectively integrated the worlds of native software and embedded hardware. Tens of thousands of our Quad Cortex users who are also plugin users have been eager to access their favorite plugin sounds on their hardware. For those who aren’t plugin users, rest assured, we’re adding plenty of new devices directly to the Quad Cortex.

Our philosophy is clear: when we create an exceptional device, we aim to bring that technology to the Quad Cortex whenever possible.

We want to emphasize that plugins are not a paywall or DLC for the Quad Cortex. Instead, they offer a way for our hardware and software to coexist harmoniously. If you’re not interested in plugins, you won’t miss out on essential features. However, if you do use plugins, Plugin Compatibility gives you the power to replicate those sounds and signal chains on your Quad Cortex.

Finally, a reminder: future plugin updates will be ported in parallel with upcoming CorOS updates. Soldano SLO-100 X and Fortin Nameless Suite X are coming in CorOS 3.1.0, and the next major update will include Parallax X and Archetype: Nolly X.

Future X updates
We are pleased to announce that the next X updates will be Archetype: Cory Wong X and Archetype: Petrucci X. We look forward to sharing them with you
Great stuff if legit. However:

“marking the first time a modeling company has effectively integrated the worlds of native software and embedded hardware”

HX/ Helix Native has entered the chat?

TINA be like
Who dis Helix Bitch
My Love GIF

Back