NDSP Quad Cortex

If JT buys one before the end of the year I will eat the hat that was up for if TB3 buys anything

Can't see it happening. People who leave other platforms to get a QC generally are really into the QC form factor. I don't think JT is at all. He's also big into the switching flexibility of the FC units, which ain't there.

Like me, he's given profiling/capturing/whatever a go in various forms before, and it ultimately left him wanting. Once you take that out of the picture, you're left with a moderate amount of meat and potatoes models and an increasing amount of paid DLC. Just not that compelling if the capturing and form factor doesn't do it for you....

I personally got unused/unactivated licenses for Tonex and Genome sitting in my inbox somewhere, and nothing has tempted me to bother with 'em yet. If I'm recording, I have Helix LT/Native dialed in to within an inch of its life. When I play out, I want the flexibility and tweakability of full models, and I usually go FM9.

No man…this update is what QC owners needed to build enough confidence to go in the fractal/helix threads and piss on those !
I still would not go that far
There is more work to be done
It a good start but one good deed cannot redeem all

The North Remembers, …..

Last edited:
I think feature request are done on the unity forum.

The unity forum is the only thing scaring me away. I see these Bricked comments regularly. 26 minutes ago in fact. Then I follow them to find out replacements are still needed. It's heartbreaking.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240802_164857_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240802_164857_Chrome.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 21
It's a legit scary risk if you drop $1300+ on a used QC and have issues. Happy to say I've had minimal issues on my end aside from a couple bugs. But if it's something you use a lot, not a bad idea to get a new one with a solid warranty.

Buy new or demo from SW and you don't have to worry.
Unfortunately I'm out of sweetwater range in Canada. I'm keeping my eyes peeled on Amazon though. Sometimes local retailers throw a few up there. I have a 1k gift card for Amazon.
Previously I got my TMP that way

Not sounding like a broken record but when I had a used QC busted they sent me a new one free of charge
I can appreciate that but I wish Neural would just come clean and announce the root problem. That would end the apprehension for many. A faulty flash chip, daughter board...? If it were a coding issue then a user run recover procedure should be good enough but a full hardware swap doesn't sit well with me. It reminds me too much of Apple when my iPad died 1 week out of warranty and they walked away.

I can appreciate that but I wish Neural would just come clean and announce the root problem. That would end the apprehension for many. A faulty flash chip, daughter board...?

Probably depends on the unit. I don't know that there's an epidemic of busted QC's. But there only seems like 10 of us who own them here and I don't spend much time on the official board.

Unfortunately I'm out of sweetwater range in Canada. I'm keeping my eyes peeled on Amazon though. Sometimes local retailers throw a few up there. I have a 1k gift card for Amazon.
Previously I got my TMP that way
Go too Long or Cosmo
They will offer you the warranty and a payment plan
That’s what I will do when the
Nano is available

I can appreciate that but I wish Neural would just come clean and announce the root problem. That would end the apprehension for many. A faulty flash chip, daughter board...? If it were a coding issue then a user run recover procedure should be good enough but a full hardware swap doesn't sit well with me. It reminds me too much of Apple when my iPad died 1 week out of warranty and they walked away.
The problem is unfortunately if you read their FB there are some fools that cannot follow update instructions
Same thing happened to Line6 a few years back when they released their new HX engine update , bricked units everywhere

You have to also think how many of these they sell if you read about 5 or 6 bricked units it’s not that large or widespread, I would say
Line6 w the LT expression pedal issues were more common

Go too Long or Cosmo
They will offer you the warranty and a payment plan
That’s what I will do when the
Nano is available
Lol. I usually buy through Cosmo on Amazon. Waiting patiently. Just returned my TMP there.

The problem is unfortunately if you read their FB there are some fools that cannot follow update instructions
Same thing happened to Line6 a few years back when they released their new HX engine update , bricked units everywhere

You have to also think how many of these they sell if you read about 5 or 6 bricked units it’s not that large or widespread, I would say
Line6 w the LT expression pedal issues were more common
True but I should add that my original QC bricked. Bought that one as part of the waitlist directly from NDSP. They offered a replacement. I went for a complete return instead. Nothing to do with a code upgrade. I then repurchased another one about 8 months ago and it was still not right. So it was returned. 3.0.0 has me interested again.

Last edited:
True but I should add that my original QC bricked. Bought that one as part of the waitlist directly from NDSP. They offered a replacement. I went for a complete return instead. Nothing to do with a code upgrade. I then repurchased another one about 8 months ago and it was still not right. So it was returned. 3.0.0 has me interested again.

I think I will wait it out a bit
I am interested for sure but maybe around Black Friday plug in sales I will see where they are at
I really don’t need the 2399 full QC a smaller rumoured unit ( provided they don’t under power it too much )
Would probably get the credit card out

Back