NDSP Quad Cortex

I'm home for a few days but Troy has my QC so I'll give all this a spin when i'm back again in the middle of August.

What free plugin should I get?

I have the Plini, Petrucci and Rabea plugins along with Fortin and maybe a couple others..

Plini would be my suggestion at this point.

I do not own the Gorgira

I'm home for a few days but Troy has my QC so I'll give all this a spin when i'm back again in the middle of August.

What free plugin should I get?

The Plini has some really good clean and lead tones. I feel like the Gojira is just a prototypical 5153 high gainer. (Not bad, but not terribly unique either)

Dude if you get bored I’d be curious how the Plini X Chorus sounds next to the native choruses. I really dig it on the plug, but wonder how close it is to something else already there. (Or if it’s a re-skin etc)

It sounds good, different from what I think of the others especially in spatial mode. More like a dimension chorus maybe? Didn’t Do a direct comparison though.

does the BE model have the structure and voicing switches? should get very close, maybe adjusting MV and accounting for tapers

It does but still sounds different, maybe like BE boosted by a Klon but lower gain.

It sounds good, different from what I think of the others especially in spatial mode. More like a dimension chorus maybe? Didn’t Do a direct comparison though.

Yeah it seems pretty unique to me on the plug. Has its own character. I wonder what they based it on.

Now this is the future of modellers that I like to see, paywalls. Everyone should be taking notes and spinning their wheels on how to charge more for content!

View attachment 25846

(btw I'm joking I dont actually mind NDSP's implementation of plugins. If they blended it in with the regular amp models I'd be flaming them but the fact its off to the side is the best way to do it.)
If they were smart, they would let you unlock each block à la cart. Micro transactions is where the money is.

Now this is the future of modellers that I like to see, paywalls. Everyone should be taking notes and spinning their wheels on how to charge more for content!

View attachment 25846

(btw I'm joking I dont actually mind NDSP's implementation of plugins. If they blended it in with the regular amp models I'd be flaming them but the fact its off to the side is the best way to do it.)
Has anyone loaded all Plini amps and effects into a patch in their correct order? Does it all fit including the three amps in series or parallel?

View attachment 25846

If they were smart, they would let you unlock each block à la cart. Micro transactions is where the money is.

IK Multimedia has been doing this for years .... especially with Amplitube and Tonex ...... Two Notes Genome started doing this several months ago and Kemper said at its release that this is going to be done with the Kemper Player .... and almost a decade ago, L6 tried it briefly with the HD Packs.

Nowadays ...... luckily ..... I cant see Fractal or L6 ever going down this route.

Ben

Has anyone loaded all Plini amps and effects into a patch in their correct order? Does it all fit including the three amps in series or parallel?

pliniall.png

tada.png

So when they say “part component, part profiling”. What does that really mean? Anyone know?
For example, L6 is pretty transparent about the modeling process, how they do component modeling and what it means.

Awesome, thanks! I only own Plini but the QC is getting tempting now!

The presets from Plini are already in there. All I had to do was go Plugin > Plini > Default preset and the signal chain is already set up for you, only the presets only load in one amp at a time, whichever amp that preset uses, so I only had to add the other two manually beside it.

Il say this If i happen to watch something on YouTube or browse for something there is always a NDSP add or Video about COR 3.0, thats a lot of paid marketing OTH i never see anything of the kind from FAS or Line6 when they have updates

:idk

If anything that's a knock on FAS and Line 6. Companies should be trying to push their product
Or they are confident enough that their product does not need constant advertising.

The QC advertising is likely to work on people who don't have a modeler already, or have a budget tier unit like a Mooer. Existing owners don't really need a lot of hype about firmware updates.

That said, Fractal should at least update their product pages, and Line6 Helix product pages are frustrating to browse as a design.

Back