NDSP Quad Cortex

I haven't checked exactly, but I'm pretty certain ALL of the Gojira and Plini cabs have been in the QC since day one. Easiest way for NDSP to load up the QC inventory is to use the stuff they already have, so theres a lot of cross pollination with the plugins.

If there is a difference between the Fender Twin's, EVH 5150 EL34 100W and BE100 models I can't imagine its huge. Guessing they were the first PCOM plugins as the bulk of the work was either done or easy to do. I really think its a bit of waste of time going for Gojira or Plini if you are trying to "expand" the QC. If you want the plugin version of those amps to run on your computer, then I'd say there is value.
They are definitely pulling from the QC inventory
I would not be surprised if that circular delay is somewhere maybe in the Petrucci just a watered down version

Now that many of the plug-in have room mics I suspect there will be an update to the cab block to facilitate that

Messed with the QC a bit yesterday through the FR-12/Archangel. It sounds really good and is quite easy to use. I like being able to bring up presets from the plugins. I like how easy it is to find presets via the app, download them, and have them show up on the unit.

I'm a bit spoiled by the all the models in the Fractalverse. I particularly noticed this when adding a drive block. I think maybe you can capture drive pedals though? If so, maybe I'll see if I can capture my Precision Drive--that's one I'd like to have in the QC.

So far so good. I need to dive into the effects and routing a bit more today as those are the things where I could feel limited coming from the FM9.

Messed with the QC a bit yesterday through the FR-12/Archangel. It sounds really good and is quite easy to use. I like being able to bring up presets from the plugins. I like how easy it is to find presets via the app, download them, and have them show up on the unit.

I'm a bit spoiled by the all the models in the Fractalverse. I particularly noticed this when adding a drive block. I think maybe you can capture drive pedals though? If so, maybe I'll see if I can capture my Precision Drive--that's one I'd like to have in the QC.

So far so good. I need to dive into the effects and routing a bit more today as those are the things where I could feel limited coming from the FM9.
it's surprising they have not added the Horizon Drive , I feel like that's right in line with their user base

it's surprising they have not added the Horizon Drive , I feel like that's right in line with their user base

Have they added any significant free guitar drive pedals? I think CorOS 1.2 was the last update on that front?! They're fine keeping all of those add-ons paywalled since they can always say "But, but, but.... there's captures out there!".

I think maybe you can capture drive pedals though?
Yes drive pedals can be captured. But not modulation pedals. Not sure about fuzz. But drive and distortion pedals for sure.

I've downloaded drive captures from Cortex Cloud that other people had captured.

EDIT: just went on Cortex Cloud app and a quick search shows one user by the name of Chunko has a Precision Drive capture called "PD Misha's Fave". I have not tried it.

IMG_3810.jpeg

IMG_3813.jpeg

Last edited:
To me the next update for the QC will be very telling. Is it it going to be only plugin updates until they are caught up or will they (TINA 🫠) help them to push new models and plugin portability

To me the next update for the QC will be very telling. Is it it going to be only plugin updates until they are caught up or will they (TINA 🫠) help them to push new models and plugin portability

In what is unfortunately typical for NDSP communication, I think I remember a screenshot of an official comment from them on their Discord where they said they intend to pick back up on new QC-only models after 3.0.0.

In what is unfortunately typical for NDSP communication, I think I remember a screenshot of an official comment from them on their Discord where they said they intend to pick back up on new QC-only models after 3.0.0.
Well if true that's good news! Hoping they can strike a good balance.

Well if true that's good news! Hoping they can strike a good balance.
I can’t see them releasing plugins unless they are officially licenced, or Archetypes. I’m sure it’ll work in both directions where maybe an amp will get added to QC, then put in an Archetype, and then QC users will buy the plugin version despite having most of it already

Have they ever done anything outside official license or archetype?
as a plugin? Parallax is the only one that comes to mind. I think given their approach to marketing etc, the branding of a company or artist is essential.

Maybe Cortex Native will come at some point, as that wouldn’t really need the brand or artist associations

Parallax is another plugin on my radar, although I've had zero time to play or record or do anything the last few months.

Anyone compared the Gojira amps to the 5150?

Parallax is another plugin on my radar, although I've had zero time to play or record or do anything the last few months.

Anyone compared the Gojira amps to the 5150?
Honestly if you are trying to nail Gojira, just use the 5150 stealth in the QC as that's what they use.

However, having Gojira, it is nice to have the presets, especially for the pitch effects they use

Honestly if you are trying to nail Gojira, just use the 5150 stealth in the QC as that's what they use.

However, having Gojira, it is nice to have the presets, especially for the pitch effects they use

I never play that music, just wondering if it's worth getting the plugin for any reason. I'm 50/50 on my free plugin between getting Gojira just to mess around with the stuff, or getting Nolly because it's got so much great stuff in there and hope it comes back to the QC.

And yeah I know that's a dumb way to look at it, but I almost never play plugins on my computer lately. Love them for when I do record, but haven't done that in ages unfortunately. It's just a lot easier to plug into QC.

I never play that music, just wondering if it's worth getting the plugin for any reason. I'm 50/50 on my free plugin between getting Gojira just to mess around with the stuff, or getting Nolly because it's got so much great stuff in there and hope it comes back to the QC.

And yeah I know that's a dumb way to look at it, but I almost never play plugins on my computer lately. Love them for when I do record, but haven't done that in ages unfortunately. It's just a lot easier to plug into QC.
Id probably just do Nolly tbh

Id probably just do Nolly tbh

Yeah decided to just do that lol, downloading now to mess around with it later. Nolly's been involved with a lot of the NDSP stuff so makes sense to go back there.

I have:

Plini
Soldano
Tone King
Petrucci
Hensen
Fortin Cali
Nolly

Will likely get Morgan during the BF sale as I always like the sound of those amps.

I wonder how NDSP will handle the reverb of amps like Tone King and Morgan? Break out the spring reverb to a separate block?

Yeah decided to just do that lol, downloading now to mess around with it later. Nolly's been involved with a lot of the NDSP stuff so makes sense to go back there.

I have:

Plini
Soldano
Tone King
Petrucci
Hensen
Fortin Cali
Nolly

Will likely get Morgan during the BF sale as I always like the sound of those amps.

I wonder how NDSP will handle the reverb of amps like Tone King and Morgan? Break out the spring reverb to a separate block?
I didn't like the Soldano or Morgan at all. The Tone King is great though.

Back