NDSP Quad Cortex

It certainly will entice others to try other plugins which in turn will generate moar coins for NDSP

Yeah, say what you will about Neural, but this is a HUGE win for them. They are going to sell a shit-ton of plugins.

Can’t hate the player, (Well maybe a little :ROFLMAO: ) but they’ve actually managed to get this thing somewhere close to approaching the initial launch vision. The fun was in the journey…

Last edited:
Are Gojira and Plini not two amp sims that are covered by the included sims already? I think even some of the IR’s may have been in the QC already?

They seem to be ones that if you own already, it might be cool, but as far as expanding what’s in the QC they make less sense?

Probably? Outside of maybe the cabs.

Lots of speculation on amps, Plini might be some kind of fender clean and I’d guess Friedman rhythm and lead? And then kind of basic comp, Od, reverb, delay.

Gojira has 5150 as the main amp, and again I think pretty basic effects. Whammy might be different though?

Probably? Outside of maybe the cabs.

Lots of speculation on amps, Plini might be some kind of fender clean and I’d guess Friedman rhythm and lead? And then kind of basic comp, Od, reverb, delay.

Gojira has 5150 as the main amp, and again I think pretty basic effects. Whammy might be different though?
Yeah, IIRC both are Fender Twin’s for the clean amps. Plini has BE and HBE amps, Gojira EVH EL34 100W blue and red channels.

Cabs in Gojira:

Redback loaded Zilla 1x12
1960TV with G12m25
Mesa OS (I think 2001 IIRC)

FX in Gojira:

Boss OC-2
Boss SD-1
RAT
Phaser
Chorus

Plini is some Marshall cab captured by ML Sound Lab.

Yeah, IIRC both are Fender Twin’s for the clean amps. Plini has BE and HBE amps, Gojira EVH EL34 100W blue and red channels.

Cabs in Gojira:

Redback loaded Zilla 1x12
1960TV with G12m25
Mesa OS (I think 2001 IIRC)

FX in Gojira:

Boss OC-2
Boss SD-1
RAT
Phaser
Chorus

Plini is some Marshall cab captured by ML Sound Lab.
They are all pretty much in QC as you have said in fact a bunch of the new amps ported in the last 1.5 years I think are from those Arechetpe here is what I know if

Petrucci is the JP2c yellow and red with some tweaks like a tight switch

Rabea is the Kraken
Which he said the other day CH1 is based on a JCM900
Ch2 is based on 5150

Nolly is a Shiva , 2203 , 5150
And a Victory

Asato I think is Matchelss
Dc and the Cheiftain I would have to rewatch but he mentions it in his vid

Yeah Asato has a Lone Star and Shiva Lead channel along with Matchless DC.

Henson is Matchless Chieftain and 2204
Thats it you are right ,I get confused Henson is the Matchless Chieftain guy

Wong is Fender , Dumble and the Blend which is just a pure DI signal , which I think they just added as Transparent blend

Arent all those amps already in the QC?
100%, but people on the FB feel like everyone that has their plugins got all new amps and its not fair , it ridiculous

for the people that are paying attention its blatantly obvious that QC amps and effects in 95% of cases are connected

look at the Mini Voicer that was added that was pulled from Henson

Transpose. Doubler , all plug ins

The Transparent blend , that in Plini, Wong and a few others

I will say from some of the Artist presets , man they are soaked in Chorus, Doubler and Phaser, not my fav on rhythm rock sounds
Bea still gets the best tones IMO , and Johns 2203 was pretty good . like the new delay lots of settings there . I think Leon will have fun with that one

Now this is the future of modellers that I like to see, paywalls. Everyone should be taking notes and spinning their wheels on how to charge more for content!

1722471529716.png

(btw I'm joking I dont actually mind NDSP's implementation of plugins. If they blended it in with the regular amp models I'd be flaming them but the fact its off to the side is the best way to do it.)

Don’t worry now that TINA is here 3.1.0 should be 7 new amps

Funny that they keep saying TINA is modeling amplifiers when TINA is incapable of writing code as far as I can tell.

I guess it's "unparalleled", as they love to say, in measuring them with precision. But once those measurements happen, amp model development is still constrained by the developer bandwidth.

Compared the Plini amps to Friedman and they are definitely different. Plini much more mid forward and lower gain.

Dude if you get bored I’d be curious how the Plini X Chorus sounds next to the native choruses. I really dig it on the plug, but wonder how close it is to something else already there. (Or if it’s a re-skin etc)

Funny that they keep saying TINA is modeling amplifiers when TINA is incapable of writing code as far as I can tell.

I guess it's "unparalleled", as they love to say, in measuring them with precision. But once those measurements happen, amp model development is still constrained by the developer bandwidth.
Well they’re using that to consistently and quickly use ML to generate captures, that then get rolled into a single model, right? They’re not doing component modeling.

Back