NDSP Quad Cortex

They have a patent out for a robot that turns dials so that they can model amps faster.

I suspect since some of their older plugins were done differently, they must have leveraged TINA to twist dials in their older ampsims (Fortin Nameless, NTS maybe etc) to get the X versions out.
Yeah I assume they just have a virtual version that would do the same data collection for their plugins, probably by twisting knobs via MIDI. It's a novel solution to "How do we port this plugin to the QC and make it sound exactly the same?" They are really advertising it weird by having this 3D animation of it instead of showing the hw, then the software version.

Or maybe they really did just attach the robot to a physical MIDI knob controller because that was faster and cheaper to do.

I'm curious how their parameter mapping to machine learning model system works tho. While you can feed the model all the input data for "this is how it sounds at any possible parameter permutation", how do you map it so that it replicates the scenario based on how the user sets the virtual knobs in the amp model?

They talked about robot knob turners (kinky) years ago. I don’t think this is anything new to their process and just something they decided to drop in a promo. Though maybe Trina is an improvement over v1 Trisha, who didn’t turn the knobs fast enough…

Aubrey Plaza Hot Ones GIF by First We Feast

If I hard pan the pitch-shift and transpose left and right I do hear them in each side rather than just becoming one for the most part. So there must be some difference.

They talked about robot knob turners years ago. I don’t think this is anything new to their process and just something they decided to drop in a promo. Though maybe Trina is an improvement over v1 Trisha, who didn’t turn the knobs fast enough…

Aubrey Plaza Hot Ones GIF by First We Feast

Yep. Back in the early QC days when Doug was still on TOP .... he said a few times that the native QC Amps - not the plugins - were a mix of component modeling and "profiling" / "capturing".

The video is bizarre because the knobs being turned by TINA don't exist in real life but I suspect TINA is real (?) and that's how they are going to model all their QC native [not plugin] Amps.

So the question is two-fold

=> is this TINA machine "real" (?) or just a nice promo video mockup (?)

and if it is real

=> by their own words, this machine arrived "today" ... so all existing QC Native Amps were not done with TINA ... they were done differently / manually with a combination of component modeling and capturing and some ML ...... so it begs the question ...... are they now going to re-model all the existing QC Native Amps to make them done with TINA (?)

Because as they themselves have written:-

" .... TINA is the backbone of our robust and automated modeling pipeline, pushing the boundaries of model fidelity,” says Aleksi Peussa, Machine Learning Team Lead and Researcher at Neural DSP Technologies. “The collected data provides the ground-truth for the sound and feel of the device. No assumptions, no preferences, no limitations. Purely data. The vast amount of data along with advanced machine learning approaches can systematically push model accuracy to unparalleled levels of realism. Our goal is always to create models that are indistinguishable from the real thing, even by experts .... "

Ben

Yep. Back in the early QC days when Doug was still on TOP .... he said a few times that the native QC Amps - not the plugins - were a mix of component modeling and "profiling" / "capturing".

The video is bizarre because the knobs being turned by TINA don't exist in real life but I suspect TINA is real (?) and that's how they are going to model all their QC native [not plugin] Amps.

So the question is two-fold

=> is this TINA machine "real" (?) or just a nice promo video mockup (?)

and if it is real

=> by their own words, this machine arrived "today" ... so all existing QC Native Amps were not done with TINA ... they were done differently / manually with a combination of component modeling and capturing and some ML ...... so it begs the question ...... are they now going to re-model all the existing QC Native Amps to make them done with TINA (?)

Because as they themselves have written:-

" .... TINA is the backbone of our robust and automated modeling pipeline, pushing the boundaries of model fidelity,” says Aleksi Peussa, Machine Learning Team Lead and Researcher at Neural DSP Technologies. “The collected data provides the ground-truth for the sound and feel of the device. No assumptions, no preferences, no limitations. Purely data. The vast amount of data along with advanced machine learning approaches can systematically push model accuracy to unparalleled levels of realism. Our goal is always to create models that are indistinguishable from the real thing, even by experts .... "

Ben
TINA's real @Jynx got confirmation from NDSP in the Discord. But. I bet they have a software version of it too.

..... “We’re extremely proud to be one of the first companies to make native compatibility between guitar hardware and software a reality with CorOS 3.0.0,” concludes Dan Davies, Chief Marketing Officer at Neural DSP Technologies. “By utilizing TINA, our secret weapon, users experience an unparalleled level of sound authenticity throughout our product range. This development makes our software more capable than ever before, and we look forward to continuing to build on this framework.”

Ummm ... Helix Native several years ago (?) .... I guess he did say "one of " .

Ben

If I hard pan the pitch-shift and transpose left and right I do hear them in each side rather than just becoming one for the most part. So there must be some difference.
Did you go up or down in pitch? With the older Pitch block, the most artifacts I notice is when going up in pitch (1 semitone hurts, 2 is somehow weirdly better) and playing some faster stuff.

Some people on the Discord think the transpose/pitch-shifter difference is night and day so I dunno.

Some people on the Discord think the transpose/pitch-shifter difference is night and day so I dunno.
When I owned my first QC, I used to toy around with the Pitch block a lot because I had a guitar I absolutely loved the feel when playing and I couldn't stand it. When I used the QC as the interface and the plugins with the Transpose in the DAW, the experience was much, much better at least in my case.

"Today, we present..." Not it arrived today.

Hmmmm ... pretty vague wording ... it reads:-

" ..... As part of its enduring commitment to pioneering industry-leading amplifier modeling technology, Neural DSP today announced the arrival of TINA ..... "

And there is no reference (?) or mention (?) anywhere that this machine was used on any existing QC native amps (?)

Ben

When I owned my first QC, I used to toy around with the Pitch block a lot because I had a guitar I absolutely loved the feel when playing and I couldn't stand it. When I used the QC as the interface and the plugins with the Transpose in the DAW, the experience was much, much better at least in my case.

Let me test with distorted guitar.

Back