NDSP Quad Cortex

I too have a slight pang of GAS... but this:
1722422788230.png

Still makes me roflcopter.

I’m so glad the update is here…so we can start bitching about other functionality ;)
Gimmie userdefined functionality under 2nd click of a switch..and on a long press!

#imhappywiththeunitregardlessbutitwouldaddalotofvalue

I could not figure out the blend feature, but now I see it mixes in a DI signal to your clean amp or dirt kinda like the Tosin so that’s actually pretty cool to get a peizo sound

Pickup gas is a pain it’s like the rabbit hole of Irs , so many brands , that’s why it’s nice to just find a guitar you like and go with it and stock pickups
Well to be fair its just For my next upcoming guitar that i want to swap the pups, My Revstar is done as is my Godin and the Ibanez i dont need to swap the Pickups

(y)

I could not figure out the blend feature, but now I see it mixes in a DI signal to your clean amp or dirt kinda like the Tosin so that’s actually pretty cool to get a peizo sound
As I understood it…it can mix in whatever point in your signal flow you select. I assume any point in the signal flow that’s before the spot you insert the blend…and hopefully other signal paths as well. I can imagine using it to morph from one amp to another…or to morph from different efx with an expression pedal.

Soo...I wonder if what they resorted to was mapping the dials of the older plugins to something like a MIDI box which maps pots to rottary dials then had TINA have a go at them to get the X versions.

Watched without audio and thought I must have missed something… first they show a robot for turning knobs on an amp to somehow model it faster, and then they show it hooked up to virtual amps?

Watched again with audio… nope, I didn’t miss anything.

I’m confused
They have a patent out for a robot that turns dials so that they can model amps faster.

I suspect since some of their older plugins were done differently, they must have leveraged TINA to twist dials (with something like the Behringer X Touch) in their older ampsims (Fortin Nameless, NTS maybe etc) to get the X versions out.

Last edited:

Ugh, this almost looks like an Elon Musk robot announcement.

“We’re extremely proud to be one of the first companies to make native compatibility between guitar hardware and software a reality with CorOS 3.0.0,” concludes Dan Davies, Chief Marketing Officer at Neural DSP Technologies. “By utilizing TINA, our secret weapon, users experience an unparalleled level of sound authenticity throughout our product range. This development makes our software more capable than ever before, and we look forward to continuing to build on this framework.”

I don't understand why they weren't unable to port existing plugin code to the QC without a robot getting involved but, hey, DSPs are hard.

I’m disappointed to see they still haven’t done anything to bring footswitching capabilities into this decade :confused:

“Hybrid” mode was cool when everyone else did it 10 years ago

Back