NDSP Quad Cortex

I was hoping for the synth to be a part of CorOs 3.0
The video with the Sweetwater folks did show it in the unit. I must say I feel a bit shit about it.

Here we show CorOs 3, but this is not what you guys is getting, but buy our plug-ins
A synth block would have been cool; even if stripped down from what the Rabea plugin offers.

I was hoping for the synth to be a part of CorOs 3.0
View attachment 25774
The video with the Sweetwater folks did show it in the unit. I must say I feel a bit shit about it.

Here we show CorOs 3, but this is not what you guys is getting, but buy our plug-ins
100% that was an error
You can hear the guy say not only are we showing Corus 3 but you can see what we are working on behind the scene

If you watch Bea he looks uncomfortable and looks to the side

100% that was an error
You can hear the guy say not only are we showing Corus 3 but you can see what we are working on behind the scene

If you watch Bea he looks uncomfortable and looks to the side
“Not only” would imply that some of what you see is not 3.0, so technically, this is truthful (provided you’re paying very close attention…) The other implication is that they’re working on the synth block “behind the scenes” - probably as part of a Rabea plug-in port

Disclaimer: I haven’t seen the video. This is based solely on the content of your post.

that Lexicon Delay looks great , that should solve at least some of the delay concerns . looks like it has a bunch of multi tap options in it with different patterns , should be fun

“Not only” would imply that some of what you see is not 3.0, so technically, this is truthful (provided you’re paying very close attention…) The other implication is that they’re working on the synth block “behind the scenes” - probably as part of a Rabea plug-in port

That’s likely it, but it could be like Multi Voicer in the Henson plug, where they dropped a Mini Voicer on the QC. They could do a more stripped down version of Bea synth and drop it on the QC then have the full synth as part of the plugin suite.

On the Sweetwater video and the synth thing:

Yeah that was fucked up. The mention the synth multiple times. The description actually says "earlier this year we showed off a development build of CorOS 3.0.0 to Sweetwater employees."

While technically you can see how they could justify the synth not being in there at release, that's some lawyer bullshit. The timing of the video, the title...the reasonable assumption for someone not reading the description (and not many do) is that this is showing the release version of it.

IF tomorrow they also release Rabea X AND port it to 3.0.0 then fine (near-zero chance). Otherwise that's NDSP pulling the same NDSP shit.

Mildly annoyed at myself for pulling the trigger earlier.

But I'll probably get over it. 🙂

On the Sweetwater video and the synth thing:

Yeah that was fucked up. The mention the synth multiple times. The description actually says "earlier this year we showed off a development build of CorOS 3.0.0 to Sweetwater employees."

While technically you can see how they could justify the synth not being in there at release, that's some lawyer bullshit. The timing of the video, the title...the reasonable assumption for someone not reading the description (and not many do) is that this is showing the release version of it.

IF tomorrow they also release Rabea X AND port it to 3.0.0 then fine (near-zero chance). Otherwise that's NDSP pulling the same NDSP shit.

Mildly annoyed at myself for pulling the trigger earlier.

But I'll probably get over it. 🙂
I think you will enjoy the new delay and transpose sound very good .

Now for the next update if they could

1.add a custom wah or , Petrucci model so I could at least have control of the sweep that would be wonderful
or put back the Dimebag dunlop that has 6 settings .

2. A simple Micropitch Or dual detune block

3. replace that awful spring reverb with one based on the amp spring in the Morgan suite

4. A couple of new devices and Amps . maybe a vintage one and a high gainer , then all are happy

that would be great for 3.1.0 IMO

Last edited:
any super quick tips and tricks? I remember hearing something about ground issues?
my grounding issues were solved by simply having an xlr cable connected to my other audio interface. Then I upgraded to a different power supply just for sanity sake but the xlr fixed the issue.

I remember hearing something about ground issues?

giphy.gif

That’s likely it, but it could be like Multi Voicer in the Henson plug, where they dropped a Mini Voicer on the QC. They could do a more stripped down version of Bea synth and drop it on the QC then have the full synth as part of the plugin suite.
Ah, I thought it had already been confirmed that there was no synth block in 3.0.

Back