NDSP Quad Cortex

200w.gif

Yeah ... it was lazy and cheap but couldn't resist :)

Ben

I'm in and got an email straight away to say a gift is waiting for me so no messing around there.
I didn't get any email but the moment I logged into the NDSP page I saw the green icon light up. Happy days. Gonna keep onto mine until something new hits.
That sidechained gate is heaven-sent; have band practice this evening - can't wait to put it through its paces.

I didn't get any email but the moment I logged into the NDSP page I saw the green icon light up. Happy days. Gonna keep onto mine until something new hits.
That sidechained gate is heaven-sent; have band practice this evening - can't wait to put it through its paces.
How does that work?
I can’t wrap my mind around how that can help. Or is it gate after a hissy amp triggered by guitarinput..so you get rid of the noisefloor of n amp?

How does that work?
I can’t wrap my mind around how that can help. Or is it gate after a hissy amp triggered by guitarinput..so you get rid of the noisefloor of n amp?
The gate goes after the amp block but uses the signal from IN1 (or whatever input your instrument's plugged into) to go on/off.
This way, the signal it uses is a clean DI which is easier to follow the transients of instead of a signal that would be boosted, compressed etc.
Plus, when it cuts it cuts the amp completely but if you have effects like delay and reverb after the gate, those will still go on and won't get cut so you'll get their tails etc.

Why would you need to do that?
You need to reboot once manually after the upgrade is triggered then another 2 times, well into the upgrade process you need to tap the connection tab because it reboots and can't keep the wifi connection. Anyway, it works ok afterwards but you can't just start the upgrade and leave it work away.

Yup QoL improvements are awesome, lets face it all these top tier modelers all can sound great
Glad for all our QC users
Enjoy

:beer

So if someone buys a QC tomorrow he gets 2 free plugs with this new update ?
and are all the suites compatible or only the X variants ?

So if someone buys a QC tomorrow he gets 2 free plugs with this new update ?
and are all the suites compatible or only the X variants ?
I think it'll be only 1 free plugin but I may be wrong there; 1 for sure though.
Even if more of them got the "X" (cross) version treatment, the current CorOs release (3.0.0) only has support for the GojiraX and PliniX plugins. NDSP claims the rest will follow in subsequent updates.
When...?.... SOON I guess :sofa

Back