NDSP Quad Cortex

I agree.

Unless it’s Fractal. Hi Cliff! :banana
As far as I know, now that the Cortex Control computer app is out, there is no need for a phone. I hated that liking shit on a phone and then finding it later. What a convoluted mess. I'll try the micropitch and the cloud stuff once I get my hands on a unit again. Might be a while tho. I'll let the dust settle from the 3.0 fallout first.

I was going through the manual today

Last edited:
Anyone have an opinion on Plini vs Nolly plugins? Mostly for metal.
I may be in the minority here, but for metal rhythm guitar I actually prefer Plini to Nolly. The trick with Plini is to turn the bass of the lead amp down and the treble up at the same time, a bit like using a tilt EQ. That way I get a sound that's extremely close to the JVM OD2 Orange channel, with that angry midrange around 1 kHz.

I may be in the minority here, but for metal rhythm guitar I actually prefer Plini to Nolly. The trick with Plini is to turn the bass of the lead amp down and the treble up at the same time, a bit like using a tilt EQ. That way I get a sound that's extremely close to the JVM OD2 Orange channel, with that angry midrange around 1 kHz.
In the real amp world this is the missing information for dialing in many amps.

I agree.

Unless it’s Fractal. Hi Cliff! :banana
I don’t think Cliff would do something so stupid. I could see him possibly caving in on the people wanting a touchscreen, maybe. But a device that relies upon on an app that he’s got to submit to Apple for approval every time there’s a change? No way.

I don’t think Cliff would do something so stupid. I could see him possibly caving in on the people wanting a touchscreen, maybe. But a device that relies upon on an app that he’s got to submit to Apple for approval every time there’s a change? No way.
Agreed ,There is so many changes and Fractal known for their rapid fire updates getting approvals would become a large hindrance to that development style fast

Thanks man. I may get Pliny as my free choice for a plugin since it already is QC compatible (I have Gojira already). Then hopefully by Black Friday Nolly is QC ready.

Back