NDSP Quad Cortex

I really hope this isn't some Tonex One style tiny box with knobs for ants.

Mini pedals are fine for some simple effect that needs 2-3 knobs, but nothing else.

What if was a small device that could load one whole plugin at a time?
That wouldn’t be terrible
If you had something like NollyX you have your
Shiva Clean , Hot 2204
5150 and Victory
Plus the cabs and effects

Nice catch!

I would guess that because it has Bluetooth, and I don't think QC has that, it's likely a pedal only that doesn't have a screen and you would use Bluetooth to connect and program it. Kind of like the Kemper Profile Player.

That might be really nice depending on the size and power. I would bet the reason the QC has such a higher power draw is because of the huge touchscreen. If they could get the power consumption down to 1A or less, that's a big win for pedalboard compatibility.

Nice catch!

I would guess that because it has Bluetooth, and I don't think QC has that, it's likely a pedal only that doesn't have a screen and you would use Bluetooth to connect and program it. Kind of like the Kemper Profile Player.

That might be really nice depending on the size and power. I would bet the reason the QC has such a higher power draw is because of the huge touchscreen. If they could get the power consumption down to 1A or less, that's a big win for pedalboard compatibility.
That would be awful. Seriously, fuck these devices that require a phone to edit. Yuck.

Nice catch!

Probably an IOS editor like the Hotone would be my first guess.
Phone or IPad version of cortex control

I doubt they would do a total black box you will still be able to edit on the unit

It's also possible BLE is for e.g running backing track audio from a phone to it. I would assume this is a box aimed more at the hobbyist crowd.

IMG_1104.jpeg
Well yeah I’m not saying there’s no knobs or buttons. Just look at the Kemper version.
Here is an intresting thing
This original mock-up was also done 3 years ago by the same guy that did the dual cortex one I posted earlier

IMG_1103.jpeg

The interesting part is although we can agree HW is mildly annoying there is likely no question he is in the circle of trust and would have inside info
The nano was registed in January right before the NAMM show and this video
Is January 30th right after NAMM

There's a lot of money in these small devices I'm sure, and they are good gateways for sales. I'd be curious where QC takes it.

Line 6 as usual hit it out of the park with the UI...it's scaled way down but full featured and you can hook up to a computer to program. Kemper has the bare minimum on the device but you really need to connect to a phone or tablet to program. ToneX One was just super confusing to me, as you couldn't even edit on the computer in real time.

Since QC already has the app for computer, it's probably not a leap to use that app on other devices to control a little device. Although it IS NDSP, so it may take them five times longer to figure that out.

Actually, I bet they originally planned to showcase the device at NAMM but they probably couldn't get the software figured out. That's why they bailed on their display and put up "SOON" instead.

I still don't know what HW stands for and at this point I'm too afraid to ask :bag. And no I won't click it.

There's a lot of money in these small devices I'm sure, and they are good gateways for sales. I'd be curious where QC takes it.

Line 6 as usual hit it out of the park with the UI...it's scaled way down but full featured and you can hook up to a computer to program. Kemper has the bare minimum on the device but you really need to connect to a phone or tablet to program. ToneX One was just super confusing to me, as you couldn't even edit on the computer in real time.

Since QC already has the app for computer, it's probably not a leap to use that app on other devices to control a little device. Although it IS NDSP, so it may take them five times longer to figure that out.

Actually, I bet they originally planned to showcase the device at NAMM but they probably couldn't get the software figured out. That's why they bailed on their display and put up "SOON" instead.
I laughed a bit at that but your probably right SOON probably meant the Nano not the update that everyone already new about

I can only imagine the fiasco
“Guys we have Cortex Control and it working great
So the Nano we have been working on for the last 2 years should be compatible

Dev: What ??
Umm no that will require a completely different editor

IMG_1105.jpeg

I’d be very interested in a smaller version, if it was stuffed with IO/s and switches, I’d have no trouble with a screen less version / use of a phone for that…makes perfect sense..I own plenty of screens…if the “lack of “ pays dividend in more IO/switches…I’d welcome it.

Are there any vids of the new delay out yet?

Back