NDSP Quad Cortex

In Neural parlance, this means: “Ask us again in five years.”. It is absolutely baffling to me that anyone still gives a damn about their statements.
That’s why I said grain of salt 🧂
We have seen what soon means
So very close. Is open to interpretation

So, I had to go look to see if it was announced yet, but it's not. So I can't say who. But there's a manufacturer of power supplies that's coming out with a power supply specifically designed for the HX Stomp/XL/Effects and the Quad Cortex. Looks pretty cool. Might be something you QC guys will be interested in.

Has a single massive output for modelers, then three additional plugs for regular pedals. Looks pretty snazzy.
I would be interested for sure is it perhaps LINE6 😂
How ironic would that be
In order to stop the noise in your QC you need true power from Line6

By the way Mr Wookie
Have you heard anymore on a Mini Stomp QC
I had read something on another site but it was similar
They signed NDA at Namm and were shown a small thing
Whizzenby said it was a penis
But I am still hopeful it a QC Stomp

I would be interested for sure is it perhaps LINE6 😂
How ironic would that be
In order to stop the noise in your QC you need true power from Line6

By the way Mr Wookie
Have you heard anymore on a Mini Stomp QC
I had read something on another site but it was similar
They signed NDA at Namm and were shown a small thing
Whizzenby said it was a penis
But I am still hopeful it a QC Stomp
1. Power supply: I can't say who it is, but it is NOT Line 6. (unless Line 6 is also coming out with their own power supply). It's a company that already has a number of existing pedalboard power supplies, and they're reputable.
2. QC Nano: I'm afraid not. In fact, I just saw my contact who held it in his hand, and he didn't have any additional info. I'm fairly certain it was NOT Whizzenby's penis, because my contact would not likely enjoy that much. :D

So, I had to go look to see if it was announced yet, but it's not. So I can't say who. But there's a manufacturer of power supplies that's coming out with a power supply specifically designed for the HX Stomp/XL/Effects and the Quad Cortex. Looks pretty cool. Might be something you QC guys will be interested in.

Has a single massive output for modelers, then three additional plugs for regular pedals. Looks pretty snazzy.

That would be awesome! I think there's a really small company that does custom power supplies which could work.

But yeah, most power supplies top out at 2A and QC needs 3A, so it's kind of a pain. Makes a board with the QC and other stuff a lot less feasible.

A lot of the boards I've seen have QC + wireless, so maybe that would work.

1. Power supply: I can't say who it is, but it is NOT Line 6. (unless Line 6 is also coming out with their own power supply). It's a company that already has a number of existing pedalboard power supplies, and they're reputable.
2. QC Nano: I'm afraid not. In fact, I just saw my contact who held it in his hand, and he didn't have any additional info. I'm fairly certain it was NOT Whizzenby's penis, because my contact would not likely enjoy that much. :D
No you misunderstood not Whiz , Neurals
This is how rumours get started lol
My source said Neural was showing things at Namm in a private back room
It’s probably similar to the Sweetwater video

I'm fairly certain it was NOT Whizzenby's penis, because my contact would not likely enjoy that much. :D

Sexy Cbs GIF by Paramount+

That would be awesome! I think there's a really small company that does custom power supplies which could work.

But yeah, most power supplies top out at 2A and QC needs 3A, so it's kind of a pain. Makes a board with the QC and other stuff a lot less feasible.

A lot of the boards I've seen have QC + wireless, so maybe that would work.
I bet the output I'm thinking of is exactly 3A. :D

That said though , has it been 100% ruled out that the grounding issue were not the actual board or hardware
Pretty sure they are saying it's not the power supply and that the QC is meant to be ungrounded. It becomes grounded when you plug a XLR in for example. I don't get why they would do that but that's the official answer I believe

Pretty sure they are saying it's not the power supply and that the QC is meant to be ungrounded. It becomes grounded when you plug a XLR in for example. I don't get why they would do that but that's the official answer I believe
Let’s hope in their next hardware Nano or Penis or whatever they call it , they don’t do that

If it is cheaper than a $300 Cioks then it will be a no brainer
That said though , has it been 100% ruled out that the grounding issue were not the actual board or hardware ?

I don't think it's a power supply issue. My biggest issue with the power supply is it's super cheap and flimsy and the wall wart sucks. I would guess a better laptop style power supply would be a good solution there.

Here's a pretty comprehensive test of different power supplies for grounding:

Personally I haven't encountered any ground noise issues, and I find the QC as quiet or quieter than anything I've used. But I haven't used XLR outputs, so that theory of the unit being ungrounded would make sense.

It is the Nano cortex explains why they let dual cortex trademark expire
Nano is more them anyway lol
Filed in Jan 18th week of NAMM

Certifications & Resources​

Device NameModelCertification TypeCertification Date
Nano CortexNano Cortex Guitar floor modeler with Bluetooth Low EnergyBT2024-01-18
I really hope this isn't some Tonex One style tiny box with knobs for ants.

Mini pedals are fine for some simple effect that needs 2-3 knobs, but nothing else.

Back