NDSP Quad Cortex

I have mine on the ground at home. When I'm creating presets at my desk I'm using the PC app so I don't have to bend down. But when playing guitar I'm controlling everything with my feet.

But yeah, if I was a gigging person I could see how being able to make adjustments on the fly would be handy as hell.
#rehearsal #soundcheck

you have been a pretty strong advocate for the platform and product and have been ribbed about it for the past 2 years .

If it were up to me I would give you a choice of 2 plugins
Appreciated. But I doubt Doug Castro stays up nights thinking about me. :D

P.S. @doug, it’s actually been 3 years… FWIW?

Last edited:
Idk if it makes it better or worse that a NDSP employee, after hearing disgruntled long term users, decides to open the floor to the discord on "Early Adopters: What would you like?"

People should be talking about 3.0 but now they have a week to stew on things, get expectations out of whack, and then get pissed 🤣
As if it were some kind of trick question: “Dear early adopter, would you prefer more, or less?”

Where’s Yngwie when you need him?

Appreciated. But I doubt Doug Castro stays up nights thinking about me. :D
1000002815.jpg

It’s not a question of whether they owe anyone anything; it’s the point that giving your older and more loyal customers less doesn’t make any kind of sense.
I'd say they still owe early adopters what they originally advertised, which is still I believe amp models at least, not sure about other features.

But I think rewarding early adopters with another plugin at least would be a gesture of goodwill for sticking with them all these years. Giving away plugins doesn't cost NDSP much.

I've been watching a fair amount of QC tone dialling videos the last couple of weeks and I gotta say the Cortex Control UX/UI seem to make the whole thing a joy to use. I just watched Chris from The Ghost Inside configure 8 scenes for one of their songs and it seemed like a breeze. The tones are spot on for that band and it just seems way more approachable for the average muso/guitarist than like FAS or Kemper.

Linked him flicking through the tones, simple and effective

I’d find a QC Native infinitely more exciting than plugin porting to QC.
Yep, was also going to say this. Now that Cortex Control exists as a preset builder app it would be amazing if they offered that kind of layout/approach to mix and match their plugins... happy to throw money at it and they love money, would be great if they offered it as a VST.

I'd take a PCOM-Only QC if it was significantly less expensive. I have a handful of plugins. Let me just port all my presets from the plugins to the QC and I could live with that.

I've been watching a fair amount of QC tone dialling videos the last couple of weeks and I gotta say the Cortex Control UX/UI seem to make the whole thing a joy to use. I just watched Chris from The Ghost Inside configure 8 scenes for one of their songs and it seemed like a breeze. The tones are spot on for that band and it just seems way more approachable for the average muso/guitarist than like FAS or Kemper.

Linked him flicking through the tones, simple and effective

Yep, was also going to say this. Now that Cortex Control exists as a preset builder app it would be amazing if they offered that kind of layout/approach to mix and match their plugins... happy to throw money at it and they love money, would be great if they offered it as a VST.

it sounds really good , and I dig the band good tones , kind of like a Linkin Park vibe , at least on that track

Honestly, once 3.0 drops they should just stop talking entirely, including dev updates. For as great as they are marketing, they are absolute slap dicks when it comes to communicating with the user base. Everyone knows the score now. They’ll keep funneling plugs and update the core device occasionally. Just stop talking and let Rabea keep making videos.
Jonah Hill Superbad GIF

Back