NDSP Quad Cortex

As a tone hound with his GetGood stuff, (+ Neural plug) and as a producer, I hold Nolly in pretty high regard. I’m not a big Periphery fan, but have slowly come around to some of their stuff over time.

I actually greatly prefer Nollys playing outside of Periphery. Case in point, the original Archetype Nolly song he wrote, it’s a f***ing banger…

So unity became the new Complainers’ Thread? Still going crazy. Incredible what free stuff will do to people.

Oh God No GIF by Desus & Mero

I must be getting too old, there is so much noise in that the music, if there is anything remarkable, is

I must be getting too old, there is so much noise in that the music, if there is anything remarkable, is buried! QC? Who can tell what it sounds like?

Now, THAT sounds good, lots of music in that! And I think I can judge the tonez by that example
Fair enough. The riffing doesn’t do justice to the tone. But the tone is killer for sure on the plugin.

The way I look at plugin compatibility is not that you want to purchase plugins to get expanded functionality, but that existing plugin users want access to those models if they buy a QC.

The plugins themselves are really good for what they are. Sounds great, really easy to use, nice to look at. Kind of expensive at full price but they go on sale a lot. I also wish you could mix and match blocks from different plugins, which you'll be able to do in the future with QC but not on computers.

I guess we'll see how QC development goes once all plugins are compatible. If they keep adding new models then no worries. If they stop development and point everyone to plugins, then it's a real bummer.

Periphery is a band that I either REALLY dig a song or I’m totally indifferent to it. I’m more impressed by the vocalist than anything else going on, that dude is a vocal giant that I think gets dismissed a lot due to the R&B/emo-y moments.

3:30 and on in this tune is legit vocal olympics and the dude can pull it off live. Ridiculous range and control and this section is just great.

And this song just fucking rips. That verse riff is ridiculous, total modern metal riff with a bluesy tag at the end. I love it when riffs make me chuckle in a good way. I wouldn’t have thought of that in a million years.

Last edited:
What amp parameters are there in the QC
dont seem to be too deep from what i gather
not saying its a bad thing, just curious

They have the basic switches
Like Freidman HBE , Structure , voice , C45
Kraken has the focus , EL34 /6l6

That’s the beauty of it though no really deep tweaks same controls as on the amps

Imo if you are just looking for the basics, the QC does it better than the fractal. For example, the Friedman model has the SAT switch, C45, etc all on one model and easily selectable (it isn't multiple models for one switch like in fractal)

So really Just Authentic Mirror Image of the real life amp
is it the same for OD and Modulation and delays ?

Back