NDSP Quad Cortex

Most of the Demos I have seen is that they have their QC on the desk or some kind of elevated rack and they use the touch screen and encoder knobs.
So why put footswitch cause yeah thats what they are foot switches at your feet not on top of a desk
Sure looks easy and intuitive to use though but i can't see myself always bending down to make patches and adjustments
I can see the appeal for gigging musicians and quite frankly I cant say how useful or how many times you need to make adjustments at a gig since i have no experience with that

:idk

Discussion starts at 6:10. They're literally recreating plugins "from the ground up" so they can work with the QC.

We knew that last year. That was the point of the X plugins. Expand functionality and allow for cross compatibility with the QC.

Likely will get Nolly X and then when they have 50% off during Black Friday will get Morgan suite.

I have both of those :) (also have Gojira, Soldano, and MKIIC+)

Just trying to pick one to get for free

You're not limited to choosing X plugins. You can choose any.

Try Fortin Cali. It's the tits.

Most of the Demos I have seen is that they have their QC on the desk or some kind of elevated rack and they use the touch screen and encoder knobs.
So why put footswitch cause yeah thats what they are foot switches at your feet not on top of a desk
Sure looks easy and intuitive to use though but i can't see myself always bending down to make patches and adjustments
I can see the appeal for gigging musicians and quite frankly I cant say how useful or how many times you need to make adjustments at a gig since i have no experience with that

I have mine on the ground at home. When I'm creating presets at my desk I'm using the PC app so I don't have to bend down. But when playing guitar I'm controlling everything with my feet.

But yeah, if I was a gigging person I could see how being able to make adjustments on the fly would be handy as hell.

Last edited:
With all the plugins I don't have that I never tried tonight I never tried Nolly X. The guys on the Discord are raving about the new cabs.

With all the plugins I don't have that I never tried tonight I never tried Nolly X. The guys on the Discord are raving about the new cabs.

Makes sense. Nolly is the V30 whisperer and a cab fiend. With the deep dive he’s done recently on V30s and GB’s for GetGood suites, I bet he’s landed on a couple new golden speaker/mic/cab pairings.

That or it’s just new and thus moar betterer. :ROFLMAO:

I love how people are complaining about the free plugin on the unity forum now. Apparently only early adopters should have gotten something and this is NDSP screwing them over.
That’s weird. The original announcement said that only QC owners who’d purchased after a certain date would be eligible. Which made zero sense. And which would have been just cause for some bitching.

I’m happily surprised to be getting anything LOL.

the biggest things I want to see is now that we have PCOM

-how long does it take to get from the X version to a QC version , since May they have put out Soldano Nameless, Parallaxe, Nolly, which is a pretty good run 4 in about 8-10 weeks

- what does the Next Corus update look like in the QC will there be new devices a couple of new amps , synth , spring reverbs , update to the cab block with new Nolly Cabs and room mics? and more importantly how much time before Corus 3.1 are we talking later this Fall or next spring ?

I think the 2 items will really show where the QC is going content wise and if they speed up the process or if the Plugin porting is still going to have a continued negative impact on QC development and updates

That’s weird. The original announcement said that only QC owners who’d purchased after a certain date would be eligible. Which made zero sense. And which would have been just cause for some bitching.

I’m happily surprised to be getting anything LOL.
you have been a pretty strong advocate for the platform and product and have been ribbed about it for the past 2 years .

If it were up to me I would give you a choice of 2 plugins

EXACTLY
Technically NDSP does not owe anybody anything

If you made the choice to be a early adopter , then that what it is , but I don’t think they are obligated to compensate people for freely buying a product
They also were giving 100% refunds of the deposit once you knew what was and was not going to be available at launch
It’s not a question of whether they owe anyone anything; it’s the point that giving your older and more loyal customers less doesn’t make any kind of sense.

It’s not a question of whether they owe anyone anything; it’s the point that giving your older and more loyal customers less doesn’t make any kind of sense.
Idk if it makes it better or worse that a NDSP employee, after hearing disgruntled long term users, decides to open the floor to the discord on "Early Adopters: What would you like?"

People should be talking about 3.0 but now they have a week to stew on things, get expectations out of whack, and then get pissed 🤣

We’ve had this discussion a thousand times a thousand ways.

The point is that you can use it whichever way you prefer, or alternate between. There’s a PC/Mac editor now if you want to keep it on the floor full time. There are cheap MIDI footcontrollers if you want it on your desk full time. IMO it excels in the latter scenario in ways none of the competition can match.

In the opinions of others all of this flexibility merely represents an opportunity to get poo on one’s hands. Those people should avoid purchase.

Last edited:
Back