NDSP Quad Cortex

Nolly...not for me, I'll pass. But the guys into extreme metal / djent, they might like it.
Surprised that Shiva Clean channel, 2203, 5150 are considered extreme/djent. IMO it’s more classic rock through to about metalcore when using the boosts. IMO it’s more generic workhorse type sounds rather than niche extremes. The main reason to swerve IMO would be that these sounds are pretty well covered in basically any emulation. For a slightly lighter suite, Henson or Asato might be a good fit but they aren’t great for flat out metal

Surprised that Shiva Clean channel, 2203, 5150 are considered extreme/djent. IMO it’s more classic rock through to about metalcore when using the boosts. IMO it’s more generic workhorse type sounds rather than niche extremes. The main reason to swerve IMO would be that these sounds are pretty well covered in basically any emulation. For a slightly lighter suite, Henson or Asato might be a good fit but they aren’t great for flat out metal
It's been ages since I tried the Nolly plugin but I also thought it was good do-it-all rock/metal plugin.

Nolly was a bit of a jack of all trades and that's exactly why I barely used it. Whenever I had something specific in mind I'd reach for something that did that specific thing better. Granophyre and Cali for crushing metal. Plini for awesome prog. Tone King for sweet cleans. Petrucci for soaring leads.

Nolly just got left on the shelf.

Oh shit! Why is this just hitting me now!

I see a preset featuring all the above in one in my future. :geek:

I love how people are complaining about the free plugin on the unity forum now. Apparently only early adopters should have gotten something and this is NDSP screwing them over.

Saw that shit. Such entitlement.

Nolly was a bit of a jack of all trades and that's exactly why I barely used it. Whenever I had something specific in mind I'd reach for something that did that specific thing better. Granophyre and Cali for crushing metal. Plini for awesome prog. Tone King for sweet cleans. Petrucci for soaring leads.

Nolly just got left on the shelf.
Plini & Tone King would cover A LOT of ground for me !

I love how people are complaining about the free plugin on the unity forum now. Apparently only early adopters should have gotten something and this is NDSP screwing them over.

Well, NDSP did promise something extra for the early adopters the last time they announced a free plug-in, so now the early adopters are seeing everyone get 2 free plugins while they still don’t know what they’re supposed to get.

Once again, this could easily be solved by NDSP just telling them what they’re going to get, or if they never said anything to start with.

1721851201771.gif

Well, NDSP did promise something extra for the early adopters the last time they announced a free plug-in, so now the early adopters are seeing everyone get 2 free plugins while they still don’t know what they’re supposed to get.

Once again, this could easily be solved by NDSP just telling them what they’re going to get, or if they never said anything to start with.
This is the quotey mcquoteface from way back: "If you purchased your Quad Cortex before August 1st, 2023, unfortunately, you won’t be able to take advantage of this promotion. However, we’ve got some good news for you – we’ve got a special gift waiting for you when we roll out Plugin Compatibility on the Quad Cortex. Stay tuned"

They should've just said that there's a special gift waiting for everyone. Seems like a nightmare to try and gift something to early adopters only. Also the earliest adopters should definitely get a better gift than the less early adopters.

It’s ridiculous you don’t see recent owners complaining they didn’t get the coffee table book the early adopters got 🙄

Even my blackened heart finds it hilarious anyone would complain about… FREE.

JFC
EXACTLY
Technically NDSP does not owe anybody anything

If you made the choice to be a early adopter , then that what it is , but I don’t think they are obligated to compensate people for freely buying a product
They also were giving 100% refunds of the deposit once you knew what was and was not going to be available at launch

If you made the choice to be a early adopter , then that what it is , but I don’t think they are obligated to compensate people for freely buying a product
You're right, they aren't. But if they said they were going to then it kinda falls on them to follow through. As @DrewJD82 said, either don't say these types of things or follow through when you do.

Is it worth throwing a hissy fit over? Nah. But just the continuing trend of them saying what people want to hear and then not doing it 😬

You're right, they aren't. But if they said they were going to then it kinda falls on them to follow through. As @DrewJD82 said, either don't say these types of things or follow through when you do.

Is it worth throwing a hissy fit over? Nah. But just the continuing trend of them saying what people want to hear and then not doing it 😬

Honestly, once 3.0 drops they should just stop talking entirely, including dev updates. For as great as they are marketing, they are absolute slap dicks when it comes to communicating with the user base. Everyone knows the score now. They’ll keep funneling plugs and update the core device occasionally. Just stop talking and let Rabea keep making videos.

For anyone looking for a QC...here's another good deal (DEMO) from SW. They don't last long at this price.

Update / edit: It's gone

Last edited:
Back