NDSP Quad Cortex

Love the multiple ways SW is selling them. :LOL:

View attachment 25582
1721887368473.png

I must be getting too old, there is so much noise in that the music, if there is anything remarkable, is buried! QC? Who can tell what it sounds like?

Now, THAT sounds good, lots of music in that! And I think I can judge the tonez by that example
You're not alone in that - I'm a high-gain guy but could never get into Periphery. I appreciate their technicality (?) but I can't listen to their music & enjoy it vs pick it apart for technique.

Last edited:
You're not alone in that - I'm a high-gain guy but could never get into Periphery. I appreciate their technicality (?) but I can't listed to their music & enjoy it vs pick it apart for technique.
I agree that way too noisy for my taste about the heaviest grunt and scream vocals that I can listen too is FFDP because I actually like some of the riffs and they generally also have some good melodic hooks

Ironically I don’t think Periphery was using QC here
It’s real amps or a Fractal I would guess

I agree that way too noisy for my taste about the heaviest grunt and scream vocals that I can listen too is FFDP because I actually like some of the riffs and they generally also have some good melodic hooks

Ironically I don’t think Periphery was using QC here
It’s real amps or a Fractal I would guess
Nolly is still part of Periphery, he is their producer...and very close friend of the band.

I contend, without periphery and nollys work in the studio, no Neural and QC.....

He is a massive engineer...and uses all tools at his disposal, digital and analog....very bright dude

They are all Fractal + real amps. I don't know of a single note any of them have recorded either together or in side bands or solo work with Quad Cortex.

As for Blood Eagle - the song - it's aiiiight. I really like Misha's solo in it, and there are a few heavy, but melodic bits near the chorus. Largely, however, that album is a yawner for me. The first song, Reptile, is a phenomenal 16-minute epic.

Much of the rest is a potpourri of side project leftovers (Crush is clearly a Spencer/diet-Nine Inch Nails song, Sentient Glow is old Haunted Shores), and radio-friendly Spencer-forward tracks.

I don't know of a single note any of them have recorded either together or in side bands or solo work with Quad Cortex.
I think they've used the QC before but I don't recall anything official nor do I care enough to do extensive research 🤣 I just recall it being mentioned in some capacity

Nolly is still part of Periphery, he is their producer...and very close friend of the band.

I contend, without periphery and nollys work in the studio, no Neural and QC.....

He is a massive engineer...and uses all tools at his disposal, digital and analog....very bright dude
I like Nolly and he gets some great tone

His get good cabs demos sound great as does his BKP polymath , hell I am considering buying a set because his tones are so good

So no disrespect to the dude
Just don’t love the song

Periphery has some cool tunes Marigold I love the riffs in

I like Nolly and he gets some great tone

His get good cabs demos sound great as does his BKP polymath , hell I am considering buying a set because his tones are so good

So no disrespect to the dude
Just don’t love the song

Periphery has some cool tunes Marigold I love the riffs in

Marigold is soooooo catchy. Same for Remain Indoors, which just showcases insane vocal range for Spencer (and he can actually pull it off live!):

They got some bangers. Probably my favorite album-length offering of theirs is Juggernaut, which perfectly balanced the tuneful, prog, and technical metal sides of the band.

Back