NDSP Quad Cortex

I guess I would consider synth blocks, usable spring reverb, and so forth to be "basic features" in 2024.

As I mentioned above, the Dynacab comparison is pretty thin gruel, and Fractal is definitely not the company you want to compare to when we talk about adding in free aftermarket content value vs. paid.

I mean, NDSP could be worse (*cough* IK Multimedia *cough), but this is going to continue to be a uniquely sore spot for NDSP. In fact, they've already robbed QC ("Hey, when are you guys dropping that Tone King model you promised at launch?" to, er, pay the plugin pipeline ("A new Tone King plugin?!?! Swee.....hey, wait a minute!)
I simply bring your attention
Back to the removed and aptly named “Fumble” model
That now resides in Cory Wongs Pack

My take on the NeuralDSP plugins is that they are good...but I don't want to own more than maybe one or two of them. I feel a lot of them are very similar with tons of overlap especially in the fx department.

For QC owners it would be nice if they started selling a cheaper "QC only" license where you don't get the VST plugin, just the QC content. I don't think that will happen though.

I don't mind the idea of having to pay for extra content for a modeler...but only if the unit is quite comprehensive already. I don't think Neural is there yet, so I hope they keep adding free features as well.
Exactly agree with this sell a QC licence that allows you to buy the blocks you want as they become compatible
But ,then we are back to the same argument if they do that what is the incentive to keep developing the QC content for free?

You can kind of already see it , I will bet there is no way they replace the Mesa MK2
They removed at launch because they have a plug in version they can soon sell you

A/ thats a big assumption, and most likely wrong.

Is not an assumption; NDSP's Max Taylor Grant explicitly states this in Rabea's video.

It makes sense, too. Although the underlying principles are the same, developing audio software for consumer CPUs is very, very different than working with specialized DSP hardware.

Reactions: LCW
Is not an assumption; NDSP's Max Taylor Grant explicitly states this in Rabea's video.

It makes sense, too. Although the underlying principles are the same, developing audio software for consumer CPUs is very, very different than working with specialized DSP hardware.
What was explicitly said?

who is NOLLY?

Attachments

• 6906665bdc.jpg
    6906665bdc.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 5
Exactly agree with this sell a QC licence that allows you to buy the blocks you want as they become compatible
But ,then we are back to the same argument if they do that what is the incentive to keep developing the QC content for free?

You can kind of already see it , I will bet there is no way they replace the Mesa MK2
They removed at launch because they have a plug in version they can soon sell you

Yeah, I forgot about that one too. Much like Tone King, NDSP basically said "Here are a couple of captures of the amp to make up for it. Shut up and like it, chump!"

this is pretty much how you feel about real amps too right?
Pretty much. If I'm going to own more real amps, I'd like them to be clearly different.

With the NeuralDSP plugins I feel I could pick say Nolly, Soldano SLO, or Petrucci and could be happy with any one of them rather than feel like I need to buy the others.

It's kind of like the deal with modelers: I'm not going to use all 300+ models in a Fractal, but just a handful of those but they might be a different handful from what you prefer. But at the same time, if I have a handful of models I like...it doesn't make a difference if they add another handful.

Yeah, I mean, I’m a hardcore plugin guy and I happily throw money at those. Given the time it makes me to make some NAM/ToneX/IR packs, plugin suites cost nothing by comparison and you get a much nicer user experience. For whatever BS is involved with the QC, the plugins are fantastic and I genuinely wish Line 6 and Fractal could offer me something similar (and I’m sure I’m not alone in that).

As it stands, NDSP lead the way in that part of the market and I have always considered them a plugin company first and foremost. The mistake a lot of people made was assuming they were as good at developing hardware as they are plugins.

I agree that it’s not an ideal model. But as it stands, Line 6, Fractal and NDSP all offer more palatable options for expanding your options between a HW unit and software. Line 6 nailed it with HX Native, Metallurgy were a misfire that have been entirely neglected. I think it’s been well over a year since those plugins saw an update, and they were never truly perfect. I love Line 6 as a company but the Metallurgy experience is closer to a $5 Audio Assault plugin than it is what NDSP offer. And Fractal are too timid to go near plugins, so while the AxeFX is fantastic they simply won’t cater for someone who wants plugin versions.

Neural DSP offer the best plugin experience and a reasonable enough HW experience, to a lot of guys it’s going to be a good enough balance. For everything I love about the Axe FX, it’s a massive investment compared to anything else on the market and forces you to work a certain way. Line 6 and NDSP are way more flexible with how you use their products.

I’m not saying Fractal doesn’t offer value for money, but also, it’s a big investment that doesn’t completely satisfy what I’m looking for. So they have room to improve and grow, and I’d happily pay money for it as soon as it’s available (just as I paid extra wedge for Helix Native and Metallurgy). You can spend a ton on a Fractal rig and there still isn’t the option to buy the extra features you want - at least this is completely possible with Line 6, and somewhat possible with NDSP (QC Native when?).

I don’t own a QC, but I own most of the plugins so I’m fairly heavily invested in what they offer. It really feels like this topic is talked about in a way that makes it seem like a bigger deal than it is. I’d find a QC Native infinitely more exciting than plugin porting to QC. Most QC users seem to be pretty stoked to be able to use the plugins they’ve already spent money on in their QC, and I think if everything works as they expect they’ll probably be happy to spend more. If both sides are happy with that arrangement, then I’m not going to complain on their behalf.

Im with you, I love the Neural plugs. I’m stoked to play around with the Nolly X update this evening. Looks killer, and I already loved the OG version. From a purely plugin perspective this is awesome.

I also think that the endgame device is a Fractal plugin offering, even if I have to buy a dedicated Fractal UA Arrow type box to do it. Day one insta-purchase.

Ultimately I think it’s awesome Neural is finally making the plugs compatible. It was a major selling point for the device, so they kind of owed it. DLC discussions aside it just would have been awesome to get here without being at the expense of native content development, but it will be interesting to see where it goes from here now with the initial heavy lift complete. (Well, almost :ROFLMAO:)

Back