NDSP Quad Cortex

Well NDSP appears to be primarily a marketing company first, then software development second :p

Free plugin is definitely good will for users. I need to catch up and see if there's more models being added to the release?

Wonder if that free plugin is for all owners, or just ones who bought new?
As of now we only know the update includes PCOM.

It can be a used QC as long as the previous owner didn't update to 3.0 and claim the plugin. It's per device.

Well NDSP appears to be primarily a marketing company first, then software development second :p

Time to buy a QC and get that free plugin.

crowd running GIF by South Park

:rollsafe

Would be funny if part of the reason for delays in converting to X is because they have to painstakingly recreate all the presets manually because they haven't figured out yet how to do a simple conversion.

Would be funny if part of the reason for delays in converting to X is because they have to painstakingly recreate all the presets manually because they haven't figured out yet how to do a simple conversion.

Doug did say presets were one of the more difficult aspects of plug-in compat, which I think makes sense given not all of these plugins were developed using the same processes. Doing a combo of remodeling and optimizing to get them standardized across both platforms, while not destroying everyone’s favorite presets was probably not easy. I am surprised though that once they got over that hurdle that syncing user presets would be tough considering they already have the cloud infrastructure to store them and users to import from.

Wait, you’ve never owned one?
Nah, come to think of it I don't think I've even used one for more than 2 minutes. I'm tossing up a QC or TMP. For my uses both are just to noodle around with, check out updates and make some videos... basically expensive toys. I'll probably grab both eventually so its not a huge deal which one I get first, QC seems to have a bit more going on and physically desktop friendly, the current winner for this round.

The gesture is well-implemented and timely. Kudos to them.
So their original announcement indicated that early QC adopters wouldn’t be eligible for this promotion (which I found stupifying.) Did NDSP drop tnat qualifier some point?

Last edited:

This is probably using a software older than that Sweetwater video.

Was just checking that video, and something immediately caught my eye.

In the comparisons you can hear, and Rabea even points out himself, that plugins sound slightly different in the QC. That's not so much interesting as the reason why: turns out that, in order to make plugins work in the QC, they have to redo them from the ground up. NDSP's Director of Artist Relations points out that this is particularly a problem with older plugins, as their modeling techniques have evolved over the years.

So... yeah. Dunno, it feels weird to say that the QC can "run your plugins" when they have to be, quite literally, new models to work in the box.

In the comparisons you can hear, and Rabea even points out himself, that plugins sound slightly different in the QC. That's not so much interesting as the reason why: turns out that, in order to make plugins work in the QC, they have to redo them from the ground up. NDSP's Director of Artist Relations points out that this is particularly a problem with older plugins, as their modeling techniques have evolved over the years.

So... yeah. Dunno, it feels weird to say that the QC can "run your plugins" when they have to be, quite literally, new models to work in the box.
Yep. And my PS5 will run all of my XBox games except for the XBox exclusives. All I have to do is wait for and then purchase* the PS5 versions! ;)

(Still working out the kinks with presets save games.)

*In fairness, one purchase’ll do ya for both QC and plug-in content. Provided both exist.

Last edited:

Full naysayer mode here-

They made people wait 3 years to make amp/effects blocks that sound as close as possible to the plugins as they figured out how to manage the licensing shit. The plug-ins do not run on the QC.

Back