NDSP Quad Cortex

So your Paying ~ 100-150$ or so to integrate a preset in your Device ? along with new amps and effects and built in artist presets correct?
Which BTW i sampled some of the Mesa Suite artist presets, OFC its on YouTube so hard to gauge but i found nothing special about these artist presets, i dunno maybe I'm missing something?

Don't get me wrong though i Think the QC is now a great unit even without PCOM it does check a lot of boxes for some especially the form factor
But I can say this i really don't like the company's business practices

But you know that me and my 2 cents
TBH I rarely land on "built-in" presets that I like on modelers or plugins. But if the core tones are there, I always end up building something that I like. IMHO plugins like the Nameless, Cali, NTS, Granophyre are really well modeled - they nail the sound and feel / transient response. I'm mostly looking forward to that - they could ditch the preset "synch-up" for all I care imho.

So your Paying ~ 100-150$ or so to integrate a preset in your Device ?
You’re not really paying to have the presets in your device - you would only have those presets if you own the plugin already.

The plugins are seperate software - they run on a computer and don’t require a QC in any way. If you happen to own them, then you can use those sounds on a QC.

I don’t see it as THAT appealing, but it’s been turned into a talking point for whatever reason. Using the EVH 5150 or Fender Twin from Gojira, Friedmans from Plini, 2204 from Henson etc - they’re all in there already. There’s some argument about being able to access the fx, but that only really applies to the Archetype plugins and I’m not sure most of them are anything to write home about.

Lots of goal post moving…now even if they launch plugin compatibility it’s not technically the plugin?

The plugins are really cool for plug and play recording. QC is pretty plug and play too compared to other modelers. Having plugin blocks on the modeler doesn’t make nearly as much sense to me but hey people have to get worked up over something.

While I understand the semantics aspect of it, I don't think anyone here moved the goal posts, it was NDSP's goal to begin with. They moved it from "It's no problem to run the plugins on the QC" to "We're making blocks that sound like the plugins"

Do the plugins run on the QC? No.

Do the blocks they made sound identical to the plugins? No.

No one here changed that up from the original plan.

While I understand the semantics aspect of it, I don't think anyone here moved the goal posts, it was NDSP's goal to begin with. They moved it from "It's no problem to run the plugins on the QC" to "We're making blocks that sound like the plugins"

Do the plugins run on the QC? No.

Do the blocks they made sound identical to the plugins? No.

No one here changed that up from the original plan.
I'm pretty sure people will run null tests (very much looking forward to that really) when these hit. We'll know SOON enough

You’re not really paying to have the presets in your device - you would only have those presets if you own the plugin already.

The plugins are seperate software - they run on a computer and don’t require a QC in any way. If you happen to own them, then you can use those sounds on a QC.

I don’t see it as THAT appealing, but it’s been turned into a talking point for whatever reason. Using the EVH 5150 or Fender Twin from Gojira, Friedmans from Plini, 2204 from Henson etc - they’re all in there already. There’s some argument about being able to access the fx, but that only really applies to the Archetype plugins and I’m not sure most of them are anything to write home about.
Each of of the Archetypes seems to have one special thing that a player might want for instance
Rabea- Overlord synth stuff
Asato- Space delays
Morgan -Amp spring reverb
Petrucci - some cool more in depth delay stuff , doubler , transpose ( better shifter)

but on a whole overall , I think you are right 80% of the effects are just generic boxes like the ML spoundlab stuff , just reskinned
Same thing with the amp models , they are just existing amps in most cases with some tweaks the artist requested but its far from night and day

I'm pretty sure people will run null tests (very much looking forward to that really) when these hit. We'll know SOON enough
100% they will , they are already freaking out on YouTube with comments about not sounding alike

Thats why Rabea said this is 10 months ago , I have the final version and they now match identical , that's what took the time, the optimizations
and going back in forth , but he says version public gets is the same now as the X plugin version

we will see , you know there is going to be that guy , they are also screaming about the people that got a black and gold one last Christmas and it came with a free SLO/Toneking plug bundle and now they are getting a 2nd free plug and they feel ripped off .

The world of entitlement and what people think they are owed is crazy sometimes to me

wondering xiu xiu GIF by Polyvinyl Records

So your Paying ~ 100-150$ or so to integrate a preset in your Device ? along with new amps and effects and built in artist presets correct?
Which BTW i sampled some of the Mesa Suite artist presets, OFC its on YouTube so hard to gauge but i found nothing special about these artist presets, i dunno maybe I'm missing something?

Don't get me wrong though i Think the QC is now a great unit even without PCOM it does check a lot of boxes for some especially the form factor
But I can say this i really don't like the company's business practices

But you know that me and my 2 cents
This is getting weird. Same thread even.

tl;dr again - blocks and presets. (And the plug-in itself, of course.)

Last edited:
This is getting weird. Same thread even.

tl;dr again - blocks and presets. (And the plug-in itself, of course.)
But HE needs to know Again! lol

Giving away 5m€ worth of plugins: 5 000 000 € / 179€ (trooch, the most expensive plugin I could find) = 27 932,96 QCs sold CONFIRMED

Giving away 5m€ worth of plugins: 5 000 000 € / 179€ (trooch, the most expensive plugin I could find) = 27 932,96 QCs sold CONFIRMED

By adding up the cost of all the plugins and dividing by 20 to get the average price, then dividing that into 5M, I get 44,326.

Nolly X just dropped.

That sounds KIller to me , I mean what else do you need you could basically put that suite in a box and probably be good to go
Cool they updated the EQ, and added room mics, the new cabs and tones sound much more mid forward and punchier . maybe less metal

Honestly , they may have turned the corner . and the next 12 months but be much more satisfying than the last 2 years , I think it sounds great.

didn’t expect the nolly update to add new cab options, quite a few nice things added there. Nice that these X updates aren’t simply cutting corners to get something out quick, but look better, are more slick to use, better resizing, better CPU use, more features. Maybe the best X update so far IMO.

But, still, it's weird going from "you can run your plugins in this box" to "we'll redo all our plugin lineup so you can run them in this box". They're not the same algorithms anymore.

These were never going to be “compatible” in the traditional sense, where you were literally running the plugin in the QC. This was always just going to be “content”.

And it was fairly obvious they were going to be remodeling the plugs the second they said the Gojira plug was the first plugin they created using the same modeling processes as the QC. I know a guy who called that years ago…

Ariana Grande Aw Shucks GIF

Where I think they could have made plug-in porting less “content” and more meaningfully interoperable would have been with user preset syncing. To be able to take a recording preset from your computer, save it, then have it immediately for download on your QC wirelessly, would be killer. (Or vice versa) They seem to have this on their radar, but who knows how far off it is.

But the fact that they remodeled the plugs to me is pretty much a non issue, if they sound good.

Back