My first Ho Tone

@mbenigni will I be able to get it programmed in time if it arrives Thursday for Friday's gig?!?!?!?!?
Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

@mbenigni will I be able to get it programmed in time if it arrives Thursday for Friday's gig?!?!?!?!?
Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor
The Control 4? Cool!

As for whether you'll have it set up by Friday... that depends on what you intend for it to do. :D I'm guessing, "yes". Are you going to be connecting any external switches or expression pedals to it?

I've been wondering how @Boudoir Guitar is getting on with his. Any regrets/ complaints?

The Control 4? Cool!

As for whether you'll have it set up by Friday... that depends on what you intend for it to do. :D I'm guessing, "yes". Are you going to be connecting any external switches or expression pedals to it?

I've been wondering how @Boudoir Guitar is getting on with his. Any regrets/ complaints?
It's going to control the Stomp. Basically turning on/off mulitple blocks. Whether it's via snapshots or just effects mapped to the same CC value? Then engaging the loop via expression pedal connected to the Ho Tone.

It's going to control the Stomp. Basically turning on/off mulitple blocks. Whether it's via snapshots or just effects mapped to the same CC value? Then engaging the loop via expression pedal connected to the Ho Tone.
Yeah, you'll get that worked out easy peasy. Mine is doing exactly what I need, no complaints! Morningstar is MAYBE a more pedalboard friendly layout, and scribbles CAN be helpful, if small...but $90 is $90...

If the Stomp has CC targets that just trigger the footswitches themselves (maybe with the 4th switch handling tap tempo/tuner duty), I'd program the Hotone to send those. That way you can change your mind about how to configure the Stomp, without having to reprogram the Hotone. But...having a second preset on the Hotone that sends MIDI corresponding with Scenes 1-4 makes sense, too.

Yeah, you'll get that worked out easy peasy. Mine is doing exactly what I need, no complaints! Morningstar is MAYBE a more pedalboard friendly layout, and scribbles CAN be helpful, if small...but $90 is $90...
Yeah, I really want an MC-8, but$ 320+ is too rich for my blood. And now they're sold out. It's total overkill for my purposes anyway - I just need 8 switches that are reasonably quiet and mechanically sound. I wish Ampero would follow up the Control 4 with a Control 8 (for, say, $200.) I'd buy that in a minute.

Yeah, I really want an MC-8, but$ 320+ is too rich for my blood. And now they're sold out. It's total overkill for my purposes anyway - I just need 8 switches that are reasonably quiet and mechanically sound. I wish Ampero would follow up the Control 4 with a Control 8 (for, say, $200.) I'd buy that in a minute.
If the 4 is $90, I think with economies of scale the 8 should be $175 :love

Which one didja get, that Ampero control thingie?
Yep the Control 4. I will use an expression pedal with it and use at least a few of the buttons to turn blocks on and off. I might use one of the other buttons as a passthrough to the GR55 to toggle between presets?

Back