My first Ho Tone

How to your make “ho” plural? I dunno. That was my best guess.

Because ho’s is possessive not plural. Lol.
Dan Quayle has entered the chat. (Is this joke too political? Or just too old?)

I could pivot to religion, maybe? There's got to be a Mormon joke here somewhere.

Looks like I'm programming a controller 30 minutes before showtime tomorrow :oops: Thank baby Jesus it's a Helux I'm working with.
Not so distant, not so early warning: the Control 4 is reasonably easy to work with, but not as easy as the Helix.

gettyimages-515035696_sq-2360fde6d7a44d93c362691ace00152a4b5ce602-s800-c85.jpg

Not so distant, not so early warning: the Control 4 is reasonably easy to work with, but not as easy as the Helix.

gettyimages-515035696_sq-2360fde6d7a44d93c362691ace00152a4b5ce602-s800-c85.jpg
It can't be as mind numbingly irritating as the MicroDesignum I was working with as a replacement unsuccessfully :oops: :brick:cuss

My fallback plan if the Hotone doesn't show up is put the Stomp back on my floor board and just have the GR on top of the amp instead of both.

There's obviously an amount of excess velcro involved

It can't be as mind numbingly irritating as the MicroDesignum I was working with as a replacement unsuccessfully :oops: :brick:cuss

My fallback plan if the Hotone doesn't show up is put the Stomp back on my floor board and just have the GR on top of the amp instead of both.

There's obviously an amount of excess velcro involved
Oh s*** it isn't there yet? I thought "30 minutes before showtime" was hyperbole LOL.

You should have a pretty easy time of it. The trickiest part for me was that (of course) I insisted on using the Bluetooth, so every time I wanted to adjust something in the iOS app, there would be a little "connect this, disconnect that, pray" dance before and after. Your (inveitable) trial and error process should go a lot faster.

Just got the Ho Tone. Great form factor. Unless I am missing something completely obvious; there is no app listed in the Play Store.

:wat

You have enable 3rd party app installs in Android. No thanks. Has an IOS version that is actually working on my ancient lyrics Ipad. I am of course finding it's achilles' heel :wat:cuss

I have the HoTone's FS 1 and 3 set to mimic FS1 and 3 on the Stomp. All is good. My exp pedal controls the bypass state of the return block in my preset. Not standard exp pedal fare; I just like the way that mechanism works for bring in the trumpets vs. using a footswitch. It doesn't look like I can map the exp on the HoTone side because all it wants to allow is standard exp tasks (volume, wah, jfc I hate midi). Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Going back. I disconnected the app from the controller and all my latching commands suddenly became momentary. JFC.

You have enable 3rd party app installs in Android. No thanks.
All apps not made by Google are 3rd party apps. The fact that they're on Play store doesn't mean anything. Didn't just last year (year before?) some huge number of apps got removed because they turned out to be malicious in one way or another. But not before millions and millions of installs.

All apps not made by Google are 3rd party apps. The fact that they're on Play store doesn't mean anything. Didn't just last year (year before?) some huge number of apps got removed because they turned out to be malicious in one way or another. But not before millions and millions of installs.
Edited for a rephrase/rethink. If the app is not available on the Play store; I am not going to their website and doing some idiotic APK workaround.

Last edited:
Edited for a rephrase/rethink. If the app is not available on the Play store; I am not going to their website and doing some idiotic APK workaround.
Nothing all that idiotic about it. When it asks you if you want to install it you click "yes this once", or what ever it asks, and that's it. The best, must have app I have on my phones is not on Play store. There are also entire 3rd party stores!
Again, just because something is available on Play store doesn't mean it's been checked, and that it's not stealing your data and analyzing it for when the time comes for robots to take over.

Nothing all that idiotic about it. When it asks you if you want to install it you click "yes this once", or what ever it asks, and that's it. The best, must have app I have on my phones is not on Play store. There are also entire 3rd party stores!
Again, just because something is available on Play store doesn't mean it's been checked, and that it's not stealing your data and analyzing it for when the time comes for robots to take over.
Point taken. And moot for me now given the fact that it reverted all the programmed footswitch assignments from latching to momentary after disconnecting from the app and then didn't allow the expression pedal to work how I want it. It's on the truck back to our Amazon overlords.

Middle-aged, white guys trying to talk about a Ho (or more than one), and then define
the appropriate usage and spelling is both hilarious and utterly non-sensical. :ROFLMAO:

Point taken. And moot for me now given the fact that it reverted all the programmed footswitch assignments from latching to momentary after disconnecting from the app and then didn't allow the expression pedal to work how I want it. It's on the truck back to our Amazon overlords.
Sucks man. I was doing some midi work today, trying to get Helix to talk to my TM60, more for just something to do, but it was frustrating to say the least, and I’m good with midi.

Any thoughts on plan B?

Back