More band musings/frustrations

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
I literally have no one I hang out with or anything like that so typing this shit out
helps me deal.

Anywho things on the band front are actually going ok. I have been jamming with a couple older dudes and it's sounding ok. Good enough for me to get my jollies for sure. Have another iron in the fire with a bass player from a formerly well established band in ABQ. He pretty much comes with a built in draw for gigs in ABQ which is nice with me still being a greenhorn out here to the "scene". He's a good player but more into the aesthetics of it which is cool with me because I believe look and presentation is at least half of a good performance. This thing is mostly C*ck rock and heavier stuff. IE RATM, SOAD, Dio, Motley Crue etc etc.

Drummer dude that I have been jamming classics, oldies, and blues with overheard me talking about that situation with my wife, and he wants a crack at the drum spot. He's a decent drummer. Kind of tippy tap player and more of a hippie than anything (evidenced by his song suggestions to me) but I sent him 5 of the songs and he said that he'd love to play with us. I don't have high hopes but I also am an eternal optimist when it comes to people so we shall see.

This bass guy from ABQ, I know him fairly well and he will probably tolerate about 15 seconds of tippy tap before he tells the guy to "hit the phuckin things" or something similar so I texted the drummer last night and explained in a nice way that he will need to hit em hard because we play loud and aggressive. He seemed cool about it so... To be continued.... first jam is tonight.

I literally have no one I hang out with or anything like that so typing this shit out
helps me deal.

Anywho things on the band front are actually going ok. I have been jamming with a couple older dudes and it's sounding ok. Good enough for me to get my jollies for sure. Have another iron in the fire with a bass player from a formerly well established band in ABQ. He pretty much comes with a built in draw for gigs in ABQ which is nice with me still being a greenhorn out here to the "scene". He's a good player but more into the aesthetics of it which is cool with me because I believe look and presentation is at least half of a good performance. This thing is mostly C*ck rock and heavier stuff. IE RATM, SOAD, Dio, Motley Crue etc etc.

Drummer dude that I have been jamming classics, oldies, and blues with overheard me talking about that situation with my wife, and he wants a crack at the drum spot. He's a decent drummer. Kind of tippy tap player and more of a hippie than anything (evidenced by his song suggestions to me) but I sent him 5 of the songs and he said that he'd love to play with us. I don't have high hopes but I also am an eternal optimist when it comes to people so we shall see.

This bass guy from ABQ, I know him fairly well and he will probably tolerate about 15 seconds of tippy tap before he tells the guy to "hit the phuckin things" or something similar so I texted the drummer last night and explained in a nice way that he will need to hit em hard because we play loud and aggressive. He seemed cool about it so... To be continued.... first jam is tonight.
That is what we're here for Bob \m/

Dude will hopefully get the clue when the rest of the band is sandblasting his face off :satan

The struggle is real.

I seem to get more excited about band/musical prospects than I do dating/women. :watSo I feel you
on the high hopes, and the cautious optimism.

Hope things work out. :beer

The struggle is real.

I seem to get more excited about band/musical prospects than I do dating/women. :watSo I feel you
on the high hopes, and the cautious optimism.

Hope things work out. :beer

It went about how I thought it would. Drummer totally out of his element trying to be something he's not. We got through the songs....terribly I might add except for the one song that isn't heavy'ish. Afterwards my bass player friend said emphatically "he's not the one" and I agree. The positives were that bass player buddy and I worked well together playing the songs and he wants to come back.

Eh it was worth a shot. Back to the drumming board I guess.

Back