God I hate this part of being a "band leader"

Oh yeah..... don't wanna be that Stool Guy until it's at home on your own damn porch. :LOL:

Oh yeah..... don't wanna be that Stool Guy until it's at home on your own damn porch. :LOL:

I worked in a band with a guy that had a specially designed stool that made it look like you were standing but I'm all set. Like I said, time to hang it up if I can't stand/move around on stage for 3 sets.

Friend or not, firing someone sucks, period. Either way you need to find a replacement and that’s rarely a fast process.

I definitely share the sentiment others have shared; if he’s getting gigs like that, that’s not how friends treat friends.

Appearance looks about right...

sparta-kick.gif

I played with an incorrigible bassist who did that all the time. He was such a schmoozer. I ended
up giving him the moniker "Johnny Vegas," because he'd try to sell water to a river if he thought it
would benefit him.

"You think this band is great? Man, you should hear my other bands." :crazy

Part of the issue these days is no one band can keep a dedicated musician busy and fully booked. :idk

I played with an incorrigible bassist who did that all the time. He was such a schmoozer. I ended
up giving him the moniker "Johnny Vegas," because he'd try to sell water to a river if he thought it
would benefit him.

"You think this band is great? Man, you should hear my other bands." :crazy

Part of the issue these days is no one band can keep a dedicated musician busy and fully booked. :idk
I also think there's this subset of people who think they need to be in 37 half-assed bands at 1 time when they can barely handle competently doing a single band.

I also think there's this subset of people who think they need to be in 37 half-assed bands at 1 time when they can barely handle competently doing a single band.
So much of it out here. I have other projects like Tributes but they play like 2 or 3 times a year and always start rehearsals a month or two before the next show. I'd rather be in 1 quality band than 3 sucky bands that just plows through 40 songs in a night and dont see each other again til the next gig.

Music is my therapy and my break from life. The only reason I insist on pay is purely on principle and as to not drive pricing down for others that try to make a living off it. For me, if I get enough to cover my gas and a meal, the rest is icing on the cake. Typically when I have to hire a sub I give them my take because thats hard work. This new drummer is saying all the right stuff and he does not need us for sure. He could easily pick a busier and more talented band but he wants in with us. Claims he's a 1 band man. I wish our bass player was like that. He's in about 6 bands. I get along with him well though and he's a fantastic bass player.

I wonder if we have all made compromises in the past just to keep playing with someone. Sometimes it
is because they are a great person and not the best of players. Other times it is because they are super
talented, sing great harmonies, but are total hosers. Or they book all the gigs, own all the PA, and are
control freaks.

:LOL:

Back