DOOM

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
Like they say...Never say never, so I am jumping into a Doom/Psych band as their bass player/lead vocals. Couple friends of mine who decided they wanted to start a Doom band, but couldn't find a bass player for it, so I volunteered. A Doom/Psych power trio.

Told em I will never do a pay to play gig and I will schedule it around the cover/tributes I'm in. I quit spending time in an original band because of the whole pay/sell tickets to play BS. If they want to do it thats cool but nothing is coming from me cash-wise. I will also be recording the EP so thats already quite a bit of my time and resources.

It didn't hurt that the drummer has solid connections to open for Nationals in ABQ at several venues.

Already tweaked up a killer sounding bass rig in Helix. Should/Could be fun.

pay to play is dumb af. sucker born every minute though so the cycle continues sadly.

playing bass in a doom band would be fun though, enjoy!

bell witch is releasing a new album soon, cant wait to check it out.

Love me some doom metal. Jazzed… or Doomed… to hear what y’all come up with. Granted, in this context “doomed” doesn’t mean what it seems to mean… err… nevermind.

Love me some doom metal. Jazzed… or Doomed… to hear what y’all come up with. Granted, in this context “doomed” doesn’t mean what it seems to mean… err… nevermind.
It's okay, we're all doomed :hugitout

Uggh, sorry brutha. :facepalm
7qqson.jpg

Doom is tricky. It can be too dumbed down. Too slow. Too low. I like the stuff that is more classic in nature aka Trouble and that's about it? It's a genre that I find myself attracted to specific artists vs. the genre as a whole?

It's a genre that I find myself attracted to specific artists vs. the genre as a whole?
Same. I love Trouble/The Skull. Recently been turned onto MonoLord and dig them, but a lot of the genre loses me, particularly the stoner stuff.

• 100%
Reactions: JT
Same. I love Trouble/The Skull. Recently been turned onto MonoLord and dig them, but a lot of the genre loses me, particularly the stoner stuff.
I love some specific eras of COC. I think if you could combine Blind-era with Trouble self-titled style into a single band; that would be pinnacle of that style :love

The latest King Gizz album is sort of like if doom and speed metal had an acid baby. Money back guarantee if the first song of this album doesn't grab on to you

• Haha
Reactions: JT
The latest King Gizz album is sort of like if doom and speed metal had an acid baby. Money back guarantee if the first song of this album doesn't grab on to you

I'm like wtf are the guitars, bass and vox? :rofl

Back