MIA ?

I would much rather have a stranger bring me in 5% yearly on a gazillion dollars and be set for life, than have my stupid ass lose it all in two years because I have "more skin in the game".
I don’t think you understand what I’m saying… I was in the professional advice business …

Lawyers, other rich people, money managers, and exchange fund managers steal your money all the time.

This guy is MIT math major who made off with $8 billion… Trust him?
Pied Piper Crypto GIF by xponentialdesign

Just find the honest ones, how hard can it be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Again… I’ll say it in different words; no one else owns your outcome.

I’m not saying you can’t educate yourself. You surely can. I went to the school of hard knocks.

I’ve even met many millionaires and a couple (two) billionaires.

It would be a long conversation to understand wealth aggregation and sustenance.

Drew’s education in financial responsibility- mom and stepdad: “We have $150 to last until next week, I need $25 for smokes and we need to pay at least $100 on our tab so they’ll let us keep drinking, who can we ask for money to help with bills?”

Dad: “Bills? Oh look! I can get big money for this Kurzweil if I fix it up…..hey, check it out, it’s got Floyd sounds…”

:rofl

This is why I’m regularly amazed I can keep my bills paid and I’m not homeless. My dad was actually worse than my mom and stepdad and he didn’t even drink!!! :ROFLMAO:

Good for you, Drew. :beer

People suck @la szum !!!

Well many do .
This is why I’ve become kind of a hermit.
Glad to see you back 🖕
Oops wrong emoji
I’ll try again 🎉

It can be challenging, that's for sure. I kind of became an hermit in my mid 20s when I
dropped off the map and moved to a place where I knew no one. Then I met a guitarist
when I needed some help with a well pump 11 years later. We've been buddies every since
and still play together. I impregnated his cousin and had a child for the first time at 38 (blessing!)
and ever since hermitting has been hard to do. :LOL:

Look forward to hermitting again someday with ya, duzie! :beer

Glad you're ok @la szum / Dave! Totally understand you being away -- you gotta be there for your Mom. (y) I'm still fortunate to have mine too.

But you had us worried dude! I was beginning to wonder if the worst had happened :cry:, and was already thinking of a tribute song for you. lol:rofl

Yeah, can't turn my back on Moms. :beer

I'd have chimed in, FA, but they live about 3 or 4 miles down the wrong
road from cellphone service, and they still watch PBS. Literally one TV channel.

I have to go back out tomorrow. One stepsister was up this weekend to cover,
and then another is coming from Florida Tuesday---so the troops are coming.
That makes me both happy and relieved. I'll still be the only one who is close
by long-term, but it is nice that they finally took some time (yeah, it is hard
when you are so far away and do have younger children than I do) to come up
here and help out.

Blessings to your Moms. And save the tribute song for next week! :LOL:

So Hospice is planning to move my Stepfather to a respite care facility. It is 50 miles away and
we have to transport him, but this will allow me to get my Mom to the Doctors again this week
without us having to deal with someone coming to stay with him. I know he's kind of bummed
about it. I would be to. Just not much choice right now, and we have to get my Mom some care
to find out what is going on with her now.

Appreciate you guys! Can't thank you all enough! :beer

So Hospice is planning to move my Stepfather to a respite care facility. It is 50 miles away and
we have to transport him, but this will allow me to get my Mom to the Doctors again this week
without us having to deal with someone coming to stay with him. I know he's kind of bummed
about it. I would be to. Just not much choice right now, and we have to get my Mom some care
to find out what is going on with her now.

Appreciate you guys! Can't thank you all enough! :beer
Sending good vibes your way Dave and well wishes to your mom and family. (y)

-Mike

Back