MIA ?

Jeepers, guys! Making me all Emo here.

scene emo GIF

Really appreciated. Even if there were a couple who thought "Good riddance!" :LOL:

Don't really feel up to rehashing the past week. Pretty exhausted. :brick

Had to rush out to my Mom's place after a couple of disturbing phone calls from her.
She's been the sole caregiver for her husband for almost a year now. He's in hospice care
and terminal. She's about to be 80 and it finally broke her down. So I go out out there last
Thursday, and found some people to stay with him so I could get her to a Doctor. Got her
sorted out over last weekend, and she is better --- although still in a shitty situation.

Then I somehow came down with COVID late Sunday/early Monday. So I was staying
at their place in isolation and quarantining upstairs. No cell signal out there, so I was
cut off from the world there for a bit. Finally cinched my balls up this afternoon and
came home. So good to be home! :banana

I also found out that one of my stepsisters had them sign over the house and property
in its entirety over to her. This is the 3rd home they have owned together, and they have
been together for 38 years, and married for 37. Stepdad passes and she can lawfully have
my Mom evicted. She stole my Mom's equity right out from under her--as their place is
totally paid for.

Who does something like that? It really has me questioning my faith in humanity. I mean I
knew she was kind of shit before, but this is an whole new level of shit.

Doesn't come up here to help (because her kids are in sports!), and her Dad is dying, and someone
else is taking care of him 24/7 until he passes, and she thinks having all of their assets signed
over to her was the thing to do. I don't hate. I dislike, and have preferences. But man, I am having
a really challenging time right now not hating her.

Thank goodness for music and good friends! Lifelines, man. Lifelines! :beer
Glad you're okay dude, and she sounds like a prize c*nt.

I am also English.

30% success rate. Apparently.

The fact that 70% go bankrupt within a few years is staggering to me.

My ole man: Tommy, make sure you pay your bills. Open the bill, write the check and send it in the same day you get it.

That was about it.

A check? What are you 80 or something?? :LOL:

Helping Mom with bills last weekend (because she had let things slide and wasn't
mindful enough to see what was going on, and then deal with it) I realized she still
writes out checks and mails them in old school style. Definitely not the norm these days.

Hell, I haven't written a check (as a business owner) in probably more than a decade. :idk

That's why after such win you go to people who know what to do with money, where to invest and how to save. I will never understand how those winners lose all the money.

They will never have the same incentives, or skin in the game as you. :idk

Drew’s education in financial responsibility- mom and stepdad: “We have $150 to last until next week, I need $25 for smokes and we need to pay at least $100 on our tab so they’ll let us keep drinking, who can we ask for money to help with bills?”

Dad: “Bills? Oh look! I can get big money for this Kurzweil if I fix it up…..hey, check it out, it’s got Floyd sounds…”

:rofl

This is why I’m regularly amazed I can keep my bills paid and I’m not homeless. My dad was actually worse than my mom and stepdad and he didn’t even drink!!! :ROFLMAO:

Back