Mesa Rectifier Rev G vs Multi-Watt

My biggest "issue" with the Road King line is how screwed are you if something needs fixed?

Maybe a silly reason but they seem to intricate I know I wouldn't be able to take it into any shop and even some Mesa certified shops have a bad history
Mine’s a 2009 and doing fine. If it ever broke and someone couldn’t fix it, I would buy a new one, they’re that good. The Tweed clean mode is special. The Brit mode is harsh as hell unless you put it in spongy model, set it to 50watt EL34 and crank the gain, then it sounds like an 80s-era Marshall, then there’s the orange mode with mixed 6L6s and EL34s, and then doing the same but at 120 watts for the red channel. At least that’s how I have mine set up, and I’m not even using half the modes on it. Do I need all that? Nah, but it’s a special amp and those are cool tones.

Mine’s a 2009 and doing fine. If it ever broke and someone couldn’t fix it, I would buy a new one, they’re that good. The Tweed clean mode is special. The Brit mode is harsh as hell unless you put it in spongy model, set it to 50watt EL34 and crank the gain, then it sounds like an 80s-era Marshall, then there’s the orange mode with mixed 6L6s and EL34s, and then doing the same but at 120 watts for the red channel. At least that’s how I have mine set up, and I’m not even using half the modes on it. Do I need all that? Nah, but it’s a special amp and those are cool tones.

Have you also owned a Roadster?

Goes to GC Used Site.

Running Man Abandon Thread GIF by MOODMAN

If you do get a Roadtser; make sure you get the Boss TU-1000 tuner for the dual row footswitch.

I am actually not. Yet. I have a Rec variant, and the Bogner looms larger than life right now.

Josh is right, though. Some killer deals on the 'Ster at GC. :chef

Have you also owned a Roadster?
Played one. Never owned it. Roadster is badass though. Like the RK but without the tube power amp options. I think the options overload is a bit much for people on the RK, so the Roadster came out as a simpler version of the same concept.

Back