I love the 2018 multi-watt Dual Recto I have ...what else would I love???

yes yes yes. Rev F, Rev G. I know.

Other than a different Recto model or different Mesa amp... what other amps would I most likely dig??

My favourite amps ever are:
2018 multi-watt Dual Recto, obviously.
Marshall Satriani JVM
Orange Rockerverb
Diezel VH4
Fryette Sig:X
Laney VH100R

I want to love the 5150 stuff... but there is always something a bit too "metal" about them.... I'm not averse to trying out another one. But I had a 5153 50watter and hated the cleans. I had an EL34 5153 Stealth as well.... and I thought it was a bit meh overall, and I sold it only a few months after owning it.

I've had my eye on a Revv Generator MKIII amp; probably the red model... although the 4 channel with purple and red modes would be lovely too.

What else?

Well… you have your bases pretty much covered.

I looked at the big Revv… too much going on and nothing really seemed that it sounded like something that stood out all that much. Bogner Uber Ultra is very tempting but damn does it have a lot of switches, settings, etc. and it’s a very pretty penny.

I don’t know man, you got a great stable already.

How about an AXE III !

:rollsafe

The IV is no slouch either.

I remember when you could pick up a III or IV for under $1k all day. Absolute steals a few years ago.

A IV is probably the next one I should try

I think I paid $1300 for my III. I knew I was overpaying at the time but I had cash burning a whole in my pocket. I wish you could find them for that much now :(

The IV is no slouch either.

I remember when you could pick up a III or IV for under $1k all day. Absolute steals a few years ago.

That's the Mark V now. People are sleeping on it. The VII is shiny and new. The III and IV have the nostalgia
trips in full swing. The V is the middle child getting overlooked. :LOL:

Well… you have your bases pretty much covered.

I looked at the big Revv… too much going on and nothing really seemed that it sounded like something that stood out all that much. Bogner Uber Ultra is very tempting but damn does it have a lot of switches, settings, etc. and it’s a very pretty penny.

I don’t know man, you got a great stable already.

How about an AXE III !

:rollsafe
What's funny is I have been playing the Axe III for years and recently got a Recto Multi-Watt. Haven't touched the thing much since I got it. The Fractal just sounds better

Well, if you want monstrous multi channel… how about that new ENGL Special Edition Founder‘s Edition?
1708145169886.jpeg

No single channel love?
I'd quite like a Matamp or Orange OR120 or something like that. But, doubt it would be much use to me beyond titting about at home. Couldn't roll with one of those with the band(s) I don't think. I dunno... maybe I'm just set in my ways at this point.

What's funny is I have been playing the Axe III for years and recently got a Recto Multi-Watt. Haven't touched the thing much since I got it. The Fractal just sounds better
I'm not gonna retcon my entire posting history and claim that the Axe III doesn't sound good. It does. It sounds really good.

Just isn't instant gratification. I've done quite a lot to try and make it closer to that knuckleheaded pedals into the front of an amp experience, but it'll never truly be that. Coz it isn't that.

I'm not gonna retcon my entire posting history and claim that the Axe III doesn't sound good. It does. It sounds really good.

Just isn't instant gratification. I've done quite a lot to try and make it closer to that knuckleheaded pedals into the front of an amp experience, but it'll never truly be that. Coz it isn't that.

I am resigned to having both options active and at my disposal. Not getting rid of the Fractal. Not
parting with tube amps and pedals with knobs. I have to much love top give and one method just
can't hold it all. :beer

I am resigned to having both options active and at my disposal. Not getting rid of the Fractal. Not
parting with tube amps and pedals with knobs. I have to much love top give and one method just
can't hold it all. :beer
Yeah I'm not getting rid of the Axe or Helix either. They're really lovely bits of kit, and I'm so fair-weather with my opinions that I should just have everything, and pick and choose based on my mood.

Yeah I'm not getting rid of the Axe or Helix either. They're really lovely bits of kit, and I'm so fair-weather with my opinions that I should just have everything, and pick and choose based on my mood.
And you say you're not able to get the sound you want out of it? Hmm. I'm willing to bet I could help. We probably have similar tastes in music or tones since you mentioned Tool-esque chugging riffs and Rectos in another thread.

And you say you're not able to get the sound you want out of it? Hmm. I'm willing to bet I could help. We probably have similar tastes in music or tones since you mentioned Tool-esque chugging riffs and Rectos in another thread.
Nah it isn't that. I am able. Other stuff is just quicker and more enjoyable to me right now.

My favourite amps ever are:
2018 multi-watt Dual Recto, obviously...

I've had my eye on a Revv Generator MKIII amp; probably the red model... although the 4 channel with purple and red modes would be lovely too.

I've been considering picking up a Multi-watt or a Generator 120 MkIII but it's hard to justify the expense given that I have a Knucklehead Reverb KR100, a Sig:X, and a Deliverance 120.

I don't really need another high gain 100 watt channel switcher, the ones I have are fine, but I keep thinking about those two.

They say variety is the spice of life.

I LOVE my Mark III but @Orvillain is reliant on multiple channels and is used to monster multiple channel amps like VH4/JVM etc. Can imagine the IV/V/VII would work better for him just for the flexibility.
You’re right…he’s going to need 2! :rofl

In seriousness, the balancing act between the 3 channels is not for the faint of heart. There are sacrifices. I will say once the amp is up to band volume I have a lot less trouble balancing them, though I do have the R2 mod.

You’re right…he’s going to need 2! :rofl

In seriousness, the balancing act between the 3 channels is not for the faint of heart. There are sacrifices. I will say once the amp is up to band volume I have a lot less trouble balancing them, though I do have the R2 mod.

I had my old one modded with the R2 Channel Volume on the back. I tried so hard to get
it to where I wanted it. The tones are :love . Just couldn't get them to work with one another,
and I realized I was more of a Marshall Crunch kind of guy at the time. So bye bye it went,
for like $600. :brick

True story. The dude who bought it called me afterwards and thought he got ripped off,
because "It was not stock and original.... and had Mods." Mods he knew about. :facepalm

I am pretty sure he doesn't feel that way now.

Back