Mesa Rectifier Rev G vs Multi-Watt

@MirrorProfiles Grabbed this one first for you. So many times I have pulled an amp out of storage and it didn't work. Happened again haha! Took the thing apart to find what I should have remembered. The Trident didn't come with a fuse holder so I took it out of this one...

Settings were the same as the multi watt.

nicely done. let’s see those pointer knobs!

This one actually has the standard metal knobs but the fx loop has a black pointy knob. The amp is 01/99.
Its Going Down GIF by Philips Norelco

not sure when the pointer knob thing started, I have a feeling it was late 90's and only for a short while on the 2 channel era. I think all (or most) years of rectifier have the black pointer knob on the back, not sure its even possible to buy the silver ones any more :(

I know it’s the dumbest thing, but I was a little bummed when noticing my G doesn’t have the chrome pointers. My OG 97 had them. I def prefer them. I can never tell where these knobs are set.
for some reason they just remind me of that late 90’s era of music in the most nostalgic way. If I could source some, I’d totally chuck them on my Rev G, even if it’s not “period correct”

Not that I’d do this necessarily, but does anyone know what would need to change in the rev G to bring it to rev F specs? That’s of course omitting the mark III transformer that some of the rev F amps use.

Not that I’d do this necessarily, but does anyone know what would need to change in the rev G to bring it to rev F specs? That’s of course omitting the mark III transformer that some of the rev F amps use.
supposedly Mesa can do it. Biggest change would be the loop going to serial from parallel, the rest would be very minor I think. Unless you have one side by side to ref against, probably best Mesa did it as their schematics are so inaccurate

supposedly Mesa can do it. Biggest change would be the loop going to serial from parallel, the rest would be very minor I think. Unless you have one side by side to ref against, probably best Mesa did it as their schematics are so inaccurate
I’m fortunate to have a great amp tech here who used to be a Mesa authorized guy. I’m probably bringing My rev G there for a cap job but was toying around with the idea of paying for an extra hour so we could try some rev F values if it was a small change. I’d leave the loop alone other than to swap that cap to remove the low end filtering that people perceive as tone suck.

Sounds like it’s not practical. As great a tech as he may be, I’m not sure anyone can overcome the lack of an accurate schematic. :rofl

I mostly just wanted to be able to observe the difference in the room.

The more I hear the multi watt rectos, the more I think I’m going to eventually end up with one. They’re killer.
I agree and would love to have one, but unfortunately I'll probably end up with a Helix or Tonex version unless I luck up and find a good used one that doesn't cost so much.

Wait until the Road King GAS sucks you in. I had a Multi-Watt. Then I scored a RK2. I no longer have a MW.
My biggest "issue" with the Road King line is how screwed are you if something needs fixed?

Maybe a silly reason but they seem to intricate I know I wouldn't be able to take it into any shop and even some Mesa certified shops have a bad history

Back