Marshall 2525H Day

HotRats

Roadie
Hi folks!
I've bought myself a mini jubilee. :love

it looks like I've finally found a band to play with and therefore I've bought (again) my favourite amp.

I went for the mini this time. I had the 100W years ago but I don't think I'll ever need a hundred watter again.

Anyway I'll use the head in 4cm or stand alone with my beloved helix and the greenback loaded Peavy 2x12.

Amp arrived yesterday and sounds loud and awesome as expected.

PXL_20230627_121545387.jpg

It's a classic rock cover band nothing special but at least is somenthing. Vocals, bass, drums, 2 guitars.

The set list is blues rock oriented and that's somenthing I like. Not exactly what I had in mind but close enough.
My project was to build a blues rock trio (or tiro + singer) with female vocals and a set list of really good but not famous songs but is hard to find the right people.

As far as I've seen so far they are nice people; singer and drummer are mother and son and they have a rehearsal space in their house which is really good.

Anyway I'm back to amp + helix in 4cm and I'm really excited.

4cm was what I had in mind when I've bought the helix back 2017 when I still had the big Jubilee. I've played that way for a while but then band and logistic issues forced me to go full digital.

Last edited:
Congrats.
A classic Marshall + Greenbacks, can't go wrong with that.

Note on the Jubilee, the FX Loop is before the tonestack, if you use Preamp models you will have the effect of two tonestacks.

It's a Lava retro coil cable with a flat and angled TS I've installed myself.
Very good cable, I think it has at least 6 years of almost exclusive use.

I love coiled cables. I use straight ones only on bigger stages.

Last edited:
One great thing about the mini jubilee is that there's no need of transformer isolated ground loop killers when used in 4cm.
I guess they addressed the ground loop "issue" that the 2555X had.

I'm really loving this little amp!
well, not really addressed per se but probably the grounging inside the amp is tidier than the originals. That'll help with ground loop noises but there is no magic cure for those.
Also, bigger amps can create the ground noise themselves because the bigger transformer and so on.

One great thing about the mini jubilee is that there's no need of transformer isolated ground loop killers when used in 4cm.
I guess they addressed the ground loop "issue" that the 2555X had.

I'm really loving this little amp!
Well there are still certain gear combinations where my 2525 needs ground lifted.

well, not really addressed per se but probably the grounging inside the amp is tidier than the originals. That'll help with ground loop noises but there is no magic cure for those.
Also, bigger amps can create the ground noise themselves because the bigger transformer and so on.

Mr Saintiago himself! It's a pleasure having you here, man. :)

If I recall correctly with the 2555X there was ground noise in 4 cable method only if I was also changing channel using the Helix.

The baby jubilee is dead silent.

Last edited:
Those big bottle Marshall 20W 'reissues' are a great amp series. One of their better moves in recent times, IMHO. As a hoarder collector, I really appreciate gear that delivers a lot of punch and has a small physical footprint.
yeah, and I keep having to explain that 2xEL34s doesn't HAVE to be 50W haha, you can get lower powers without any fancy tricks :D

Those big bottle Marshall 20W 'reissues' are a great amp series. One of their better moves in recent times, IMHO. As a hoarder collector, I really appreciate gear that delivers a lot of punch and has a small physical footprint.

Totally agree. The combination of sound, footprint and (European) price makes me want them all.

yeah, and I keep having to explain that 2xEL34s doesn't HAVE to be 50W haha, you can get lower powers without any fancy tricks :D

It's interesting to notice that nobody do it.
Even, for example, Friedman has the usual el84s in the 20W amps. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Playing this amp in 4cm with the helix is simply AWESOME. :rawk

Don't know what it is, whether the fact this is my favorite marshall amp,
the fact the Helix doesn't have the perfect marshall model for my needs
or that powering the 2x12 with a tube power amp instead of a class d might make a difference,
but playing though this amp is clearly more satisfying than playing a digital model.

I hate to say it. Kinda.

I do believe that digital modelling is great but man...

Last edited:
Back